Radioactive-Software Radioactive-Software
Forum to discuss Radioactive-Software Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Offline Practice Mode?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Radioactive-Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arbiter
Gangsta'

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Offline Practice Mode? Reply with quote

First of all, congrats on setting the date with Strategy First. They're a great publisher from what I hear.

Back to my selfish interest... I'm sure you get this question alot, but I'm ususally running around after a 2-year-old so an offline mode and being able to pause is of specific importance to me. Is the offline practice mode going to be relatively fleshed out, A.I. wise? I realize you have OMGORZ amounts of free time to dedicate to this random stranger's personal preferences, so I demand that you immediately set about creating revolutionary and intuitive A.I. to handle the offline mode! Mad

But no, really, how's it looking Question
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be on par with strategy games like age of empires etc....it's really not that hard to code AI, using a simple state machine and simulating the movements of players. The flatness inherent in city environments also allows me to take several shortcuts. The AI will not be ZOMGOMROM best AI EVAR! But I realize people like you would be a large part of the consumer base so I'll look out for ya.

It's increadibly simple to get 70-80% there with AI, it's that extra 10-20% that realllly takes a lot of work. Right now [ well in the last truely functional build ] the AI was probably 60% there.
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"
He replied, "I just kind of optimized for game play."

rappen
Mini-Me

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, sorry , but what is AI?

warlord11030
Moris Family Mafia Don

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol a computer.

silly rappen.
-Secondlife
-There
-SAMP
www.rl-rpg.nl/forum/index.php
www.radioactive-software.com
Don Moris.
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rappen wrote:
Ok, sorry , but what is AI?

AI stands for "anally inserted" (device) in your case.

Oooorrrr it could stand for artificial intelligence.

It's your call man.... It's your call.

*slowly backs away*
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"

dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

re-he-he-read my 1st post, but with AI meaning "anally inserted"

ahah "that last 10% is the hardest....argggg!!111"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Radioactive-Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: