Radioactive-Software Radioactive-Software
Forum to discuss Radioactive-Software Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

some questions about programming

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
b0redum

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: some questions about programming Reply with quote

What programming language do you use?
What are some ebooks that help teach you those languages?
Im not very good in programming but i plan on taking classes on it i just want to be prepared. thank you
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C++

There are tons of books out there, you could start with the "Teach yourself c++ in 21 days" books Smile Though you should go to your local bookstore and flip through a few books and find the one that you like.

A class would also help a lot...though you should do a lot outisde of class if you want to excel Very Happy

- Danny
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"
He replied, "I just kind of optimized for game play."

b0redum

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes a class. Im going to try to get my master in computer science at Devry. next year though im going to start at i want to have a good base when i enter.
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I don't really know any e-books to recommend btw. :-/

I worked my way through several books on C when I was ~12 years old and that got me started...I don't know how I would learn to program today. Actually I would still get a reg. book probably Very Happy.

Anyways, good luck with your masters...you are right to try to get a good base before taking a class.

I learned almost everything I know about programming outside of class, I took all available CS classes in high school. I knew more than my teachers though, which was scary, being taught Visual Basic by somebody when you've been doing C programming for years. I did 3 years in college towards a CS degree as well...got to skip a few classes ahead, got As in all CS classes and never showed up 8-D.

Anyways it is possible to learn programming outside of class if you have the books + determination [insert cool smiley face]

Also learning to code is just a means to an end....you should have some pet project you're working on that requires you to advance your programming knowledge...that is crucial to staying dedicated.

- Danny
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"
He replied, "I just kind of optimized for game play."

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Programming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: