Radioactive-Software Radioactive-Software
Forum to discuss Radioactive-Software Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Spore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Other Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: The Spore Reply with quote

I ran into this game which looks to be amazing, look at this video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8372603330420559198

Guess this sets the point as next-gen in games. Please leave your thoughts.
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's right along with what Will Wright has been doing all along, innovating the sim genre. Simcity, the Sims, and now Spore.

I was at the GDC when he was giving that talk back in '05. Though I didnt actually see this...I wish I had...

Really the graphics and stuff don't seem to be 'next-gen', the fact that every animation, texture, etc. is procedurally generated is amazing. That makes me think about my game...procedurally generating the cities seems like it would be simple compared to what he's doing.

But yea....also the fact that the world is populated with other players creatures is also amazing. For sure this game is going to change 'gaming' as we know it.

Though some would argue that all this is void, since the game is still going to be 'played' like every other game...I don't know, there are a few good discussions around the net on this topic.

- Dan
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"
He replied, "I just kind of optimized for game play."

Star
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its going to be the first step to next-gen gaming. Sure graphics wont be top notch but I rather they concentrate on game play and then come out with a prettier version (a sequel perhaps).

Btw. Have you seen thoose 64kb demos, they are frickken cool. I remember seeing one that was like 1kb but it wasnt 3d.. but still cool.

The thing about the game using other peoples designs, I hope you have the choice to approve it since some people will design human sexual organs as their creatures and I personally wouldn't want huge wangs walking around in my universe.
warlord11030
Moris Family Mafia Don

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not a first step the "next gen" consoles already came out and their still in development for the game.
rappen
Mini-Me

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

warlord11030 wrote:
its not a first step the "next gen" consoles already came out and their still in development for the game.

lol, remember this is a topic from 2006, so there wasn't the next-gen console.

warlord11030
Moris Family Mafia Don

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i must be to lazy to look at the dates then lol
rappen
Mini-Me

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warlord11030 wrote:
i must be to lazy to look at the dates then lol

haha, ok then.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: