Radioactive-Software Radioactive-Software
Forum to discuss Radioactive-Software Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Urban Empires FAQ *Updated February 2, 2006*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Radioactive-Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Medcraft
Jehovah's Witness

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm a little suggestion....maybe a persons life could get down to a certain level like 25% and he will drop to the floor being in a sort of (pain mode) and he has a certain amount of life to actually die to re spawn, in that time a friend gang member must come and give him a hit of a joint or a skull off alcohol to revive, this would also be great so in battles there can be players trying to save each other and enemies doing execution's to enemy rivals on the floor?......ive seen this in a war game i forget which one it is but i think its desert storm?!
rappen
Mini-Me

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Medcraft wrote:
hmmm a little suggestion....maybe a persons life could get down to a certain level like 25% and he will drop to the floor being in a sort of (pain mode) and he has a certain amount of life to actually die to re spawn, in that time a friend gang member must come and give him a hit of a joint or a skull off alcohol to revive, this would also be great so in battles there can be players trying to save each other and enemies doing execution's to enemy rivals on the floor?......ive seen this in a war game i forget which one it is but i think its desert storm?!

i'm not sure how far he goes with reality in this game but I think it's not a good idea. Maby you can drive your gangster to a hospital Smile

warlord11030
Moris Family Mafia Don

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would just be fun i would think that a usual thing would be to knock them out. but a special thing would be to actually kill them. if your against another person it would be a good addition to strategy setting up traps etc.
warlord11030
Moris Family Mafia Don

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Urban Empires FAQ *Updated February 2, 2006* Reply with quote

dgreen wrote:
The game 'Gang War' is now known as Urban Empires...more info to come.

What is Gang War?
Gang War is a 3D gang simulation game. The game has both strategic and action elements. You fight for control over a city with up to 6 other gangs. Importing drugs, extortion, robbery, and other methods allow you to get money which you can use to expand your gang, buy new guns, cars, legitimate businesses, etc. At any point in time, you can jump down and take control of any of your gang members. The game then changes from a strategy game into an action game where you're free to do anything that you want from getting in vehicles to mugging people, you can also complete your own orders that you gave in the strategy mode. The player can choose from a number of victory conditions to play to, the game is open ended.

Who is publishing Gang War?
Gang War is being published by Strategy First.

When will Gang War be released?
When it is done Smile I'm working very hard on the game every day. I'll be sure to post information about a release date as soon as I get one set in stone. The game is currently in Alpha status.

Will there be multiplayer in the game?
Yes. I've just decided to make the game centered around a solid multiplayer experience. There can be up to 6 players in a server, each controlling their own gang. You can also play the game offline with the computer/bots taking the place of other players.

Will there be a single player mode in the game?
Yes. There will not be a "story" mode in the game, but you will be able to practice the game offline against X computer gangs. You can use the single player/offline mode to check out the gameplay modes, practice driving/shooting, practice your territory expansion, explore the maps, etc. Or if you don't have an internet connection for some reason, you can always play the game offline.

Is it true that the game is being created by one person?
While I'm the only programmer who is working on the project, I've contracted artists/actors to create the character/vehicle models, as well as the in-game voiceovers.

How long has the game been in development?
I started with a blank directory on January 15, 2004, and I built the game up from scratch.

What are the minimum/recommended system requirements for the game?
Minimum requirements:
- 1.5 GHZ Processor
- 256MB of RAM
- 32MB video card
- High speed internet connection
Recommended system:
- 2.3 GHZ Processor
- 512MB of RAM
- 128MB video card
- High speed internet connection

How many gangs types can I control in Gang War?
There are 3 gang types in the game, check it out:

What "resources" will I need to manage in Gang War?
Your "score" will be the combination of your: money, respect, gang size, and territory size. Your gang size is dependent on your respect level. Your respect level is dependent on your territory size. This is a system of checks to keep the game from progressing too fast, and to discourage rushing the enemy gangs at the start of the game.

What kind of orders can you give to your gangsters?
You can give the following orders to your gang members:
- Move (the gangster moves to the specified area)
- Rush (the gangster rushes to the specified area, if they are in a vehicle they disregard all traffic rules)
- Attack (the gangster attacks the specifed target, if they are currently in a vehicle, they will do a drive-by on the target)
- Patrol (the gangster patrols the specified area)
- Extort (the gangster extorts the specified building, collecting owed protection money from the business. You can only extort buildings that you control.)
- Intimidate (the gangster will intimidate the specified building, you use intimidation to increase your control over a certain building)
- Sell Drugs (the gangster will sell any drugs that are currently in his inventory, in the specified area)
- Rob (the gangster will rob the specified building, setting off an alarm, it will automatically alert the police so he'll need to get out of the area fast)
- Enter vehicle (the gangster will enter the specfied vehicle, if it's not owned by your gang, he will hijack it)
- Hijack (the gangster will hijack any goods from the specified armoured car/van)
- More to come...

How do you expand your territory in the game?
You start the game with only a headquarters and a few buildings under your control. You'll need to start intimidating territory around your headquarters. When you intimidate a building you increase the respect level of that building. Once a building reaches a certain respect level you'll be able to collect extortion money from that building.

What kinds of illegal businesses can I setup in the game?
You'll be able to set up illegal businesses in buildings that you control. There is a one time setup fee, and a daily maintanence fee. You can set up the following illegal businesses in the game:
- Headquarters (Only one allowed per gang, has the abilities of a warehouse & safehouse)
- Safehouse (hides gangsters that are wanted by the law, also heals gangsters that have low health)
- Warehouse (stores stolen goods, weapons, drugs, etc.)
- Illegal Gambling
- Prostitution
- Numbers Racket
- Illegal brewery
- Counterfiet money press
- Loan shark

Each of the businesses has a unique cost/return associated with it...they also have different levels of risk...more on this later.

What kind of legal businesses can I run?
The legal business of a piece of property cannot be changed. There is a wide variety of legal businesses throughout the city.

What types of managment windows will be in the game?
You'll have an array of 12 windows you can use to control all aspects of your gang.
- Diplomacy Window...this is used to set your relationship with the other gangs in the city, you can also pay tribute via this window.
- Business Overview....use this window the oversee all your gang's legal/illegal businesses.
- Map...the map window gives you a overview of the entire city, there are serveral toggalable overlays, such as "Territory", "Gangsters", "Drug Demand", "etc.
- Weapons Market...this is where you'll buy the weapons for your gang, there are going to be close to 40 weapons in the release version of Gang War.
- Gang Manager...this is probably where you'll spend most of your time, the gang manager allows you to allocate items to your gangsters, as well as get a overview of your entire gangster payroll.
- Legal Overview...this window tells you the legal status of all of your gangsters, and lets you bail them out of jail, settle cases, etc.
- Drug Market....the drug market is where you'll go to purchase illegal drugs for your gangsters to sell, you'll also be able to see realtime charts showing the supply/demand of each drug in the city.
- Car Dealership...you'll use this window to purchase vehicles for your gang.
- Accountant...this window will show you a summary of your gang's financial status.
- Recruit Gangsters....this window is where you'll recruit gangsters for your gang.
- Help...Display the in-game controls, etc.
- Time Adjustment....(offline only) change the speed of time, up to 8X faster. So you don't need to wait for your gangsters to get accross town.

Here is an image showing what the Weapons Market looks like

What skills are the gangsters rated on?
Every gang member in the game is rated on the following abilities, which directly influence how succesful a gangster will be at a particular order.
- Health (hit points of the gangster)
- Weapon (shooting/weapon ability of the gangster)
- Driving (how well a ganster can drive a vehicle)
- Street Smarts (how easily a gangster can escape from pursuing police)
- Strength (how well a gangster can fight hand to hand)
- Intimidation (how intimidating the gangster is)

What are some features of the vehicles in the game?
There are 30 different vehicles in the game, they all feature unique physics characteristics, and full damage modeling. You'll be able to order your gangsters into vehicles, once in a vehicle they can perform drive-by shootings. You can purchase vehicles for your gang, though you need to own property that contains a parking lot. If you steal a car from a civilian you need to get it back to your property without the police seeing it in order for it to become owned by your gang.

Will there be ragdoll physics in the game?
I'm planning on it...it's already in game...I'm working on stabalizing the ragolls right now. If I can get them stable they will be a default feature in the game, if not they will be a togglable offline-only feature.

Can gangsters be arrested in the game?
Every gangster has a criminal level associated with them, when the game starts it's empty. If a police officer sees a gangster perform a crime, the gangster's criminal level will increase, if a gangster's criminal level is past a certain point, and a police officer sees him, he will try to arrest him. Once arrested your gangsters can be bailed out via the Legal Overview window.

That's it for now...if you have any more questions, or you want something to be added onto the list, just post below!

- Dan

i just read it over.

ya want me to edit a bit for you danny?
-Secondlife
-There
-SAMP
www.rl-rpg.nl/forum/index.php
www.radioactive-software.com
Don Moris.
Object13
Official A.D.D Mascot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

like instead of gang war, UE?
Moris Family Mafia Don

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

their are like 24 things that need edit.
-Secondlife
-There
-SAMP
Don Moris.
rappen
Mini-Me

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

warlord11030 wrote:
their are like 24 things that need edit.

Yea i saw that also a couple of weeks ago, good point Razz

dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the game name has changed lol, I should just delete the orig. post. But I'll LEAVE IT FOR HISTORIC PURPOSES.
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"
He replied, "I just kind of optimized for game play."

rappen
Mini-Me

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dgreen wrote:
Yes the game name has changed lol, I should just delete the orig. post. But I'll LEAVE IT FOR HISTORIC PURPOSES.

Danny and Historic....lol

*Looks profile>>>Hey look INTRESTS: History*

Is it an obsession?

warlord11030
Moris Family Mafia Don

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dgreen wrote:

you just to lazy to remake it dont lieeeee
-Secondlife
-There
-SAMP
Don Moris.
rappen
Mini-Me

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warlord11030 wrote:
dgreen wrote:

Indeed

dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rappen wrote:
warlord11030 wrote:
dgreen wrote:

Indeed

Lol, fine, yes I'm lazy/busy. Anyways this thread has 53158 views in like 2 years Surprised

Whyyyyyyy. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"
He replied, "I just kind of optimized for game play."

rappen
Mini-Me

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dgreen wrote:
rappen wrote:
warlord11030 wrote:
dgreen wrote:

Indeed

Lol, fine, yes I'm lazy/busy. Anyways this thread has 53158 views in like 2 years Surprised

Whyyyyyyy. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

I really don't know....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Radioactive-Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: