Radioactive-Software Radioactive-Software
Forum to discuss Radioactive-Software Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

scripting mysql databases

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harmar
Street thug

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: scripting mysql databases Reply with quote

im slowly looking into learning how to program in mysql for basic database related stuff for in secondlife with my random projects for script backups. by what i have learned there are tools that "help" you with writing basics of them. dose anyone know of any that are trustworthy?
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Errr what do you need tools for?

I just use php designer to write all the php/mysql frontend for urban empires dot com...also I just used visual studio to code the c++ parts server-side/application side.

It took me a like a week or less to write the whole stat tracking back end, gang creation, associated account managment applications, web front end, etc...

What are you hoping to achieve with the tool?

All you really need is a book or two...I used 'php,apache,mysql for web development' from wrox and 'mysql & msql' from o rielly. sql is such a basic lang you could probably find some nice web resources on the topic.
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"
He replied, "I just kind of optimized for game play."

I'dDoAnythingForMoney
Made Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah i know wt your on about lol. man this shit is confusing
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm still trying to think what kind of tool he means hmmmm.

A tool to execute sql queries locally for testing? Or something that will color code the various commands, and aid in formatting [ php designer is what i use for that ] ?

hmmmm.
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"

harmar
Street thug

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya those things danny, ive been looking into phprunner with the trial, been having trouble geting a server up and running. havent had much luck yet still researching
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you'll want to do is run a web-server locally...it would be nice to have an old machine to use...

You'll want to download a free package called WAMP...it includes everything you need.

I have many many computers so I just setup some of them as a webserver ... not sure if you want to use your main machine, but as long as you keep it in local mode you should be fine.

google WAMP, install it, etc...and let me know what you think.

There might be better ways, but that's how I do things...I have about 10 dedicated servers world-wide sitting around... -_-

harmar
Street thug

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe thanks danny, its going ot be used for secondlife, if you didnt know in secondlife each object has a key and those keys change every single time you respawn the object and this is going to be my way of keeping track of the objects offworld incase something screws up within the main linden labs servers (happens once in a wile)
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

harmar wrote:
hehe thanks danny, its going ot be used for secondlife, if you didnt know in secondlife each object has a key and those keys change every single time you respawn the object and this is going to be my way of keeping track of the objects offworld incase something screws up within the main linden labs servers (happens once in a wile)

Hmmm well I don't know how you'd test that offline heh Smile

Good luck with it all!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Programming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: