Radioactive-Software Radioactive-Software
Forum to discuss Radioactive-Software Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5/26/2010 - Armored Warfare Update

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Gettysburg: Armored Warfare
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: 5/26/2010 - Armored Warfare Update Reply with quote

I've been working on every aspect of the game, as usual. Most progress was made adding the Real-time Strategy aspects into the game, getting Havok Physics fully re-integrated into the engine, adding entities into the game's database (tanks, buildings, vehicles), I got quasi-dense grass rendering back into the engine, tweaked the clouds/sky brightness, added local terrain shadow mapping, entity render-to-texture functionality....on and on.

About the Havok physics reintegration - that was a relief to be done with. I was afriad the physics would run so slow on these larger maps - instead there is nearly no frame-hit with < 256 objects on the 2049x2049 terrain. Basically the terrains are so large it crashes the Havok remote debugger because they have no way of rendering so many millions of triangles. I also coded a water plane and bouyancy on objects using havok unary actions.

On a unrelated point I did size the worlds down, so they only take up 50km x 50km now.

I'll just post up the screens so I can go get some sleep Wink, I'll write a detailed update soon describing all the work I've done. This update mostly so I don't have to jam all the progress into a single uber-update in a few days.

Like they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, here's a stack of Gs... Surprised

Abrams in the grass
This one shows the quasi-dense grass rendering I just coded, adjusted sky brightness...3D tree rendering with full shadowing.

RTS Early
Lol- ignore the spinning Abrams, that is testing some render-to-texture stuff. This screenshot shows my current mock-up of the RTS interface, I've designed a few, and I think this is the general layout I'm going for.

Mini maps
I wrote a custom shader to render out the mini-maps, it basically merges the ambient occlusion, does dome NdotL lighting, and runs the color map function that samples all the different color maps @ each altitude and slope.

Bradley, and Barrel
I can dynamically spawn objects into the world using the new entity system I've written. There are 35+ entity types in the world everything from people to vehicles, trees, buildings, etc. All running through a common system I've written.

New vs Old
I'm not ditching all my old art-assets from the previous iteration of Armored Warfare, instead I'm making them rare/higher end units in this game.

MLRS
Multiple Launch Rocket System. That's all.

Midwest terrain
Screenshot of the midwest/plains map...

Amazon terrain
Screenshot of the amazon/river map...

Well that's all for now ... hope you enjoyed the slideshow Surprised

- Dan
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"
He replied, "I just kind of optimized for game play."

noobgamer100
Tah Newb

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think we need a lil bit higher players on more servers now Razz likei nstead of 64, like the double, 128 XP i mean, the maps are so big that this game just NEEDS a higher players per server limit.

ALSO: Check out yer PM inbox. sent you a pm about one thingz0rz.
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noobgamer100 wrote:
i think we need a lil bit higher players on more servers now Razz likei nstead of 64, like the double, 128 XP i mean, the maps are so big that this game just NEEDS a higher players per server limit.

ALSO: Check out yer PM inbox. sent you a pm about one thingz0rz.

There are 64 human players who can control any of the 500 soldiers and 64 vehicles per world.
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"
He replied, "I just kind of optimized for game play."

rappen
Mini-Me

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neat Surprised

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Gettysburg: Armored Warfare All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: