Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Location: Raleigh, NC
|Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:38 am Post subject: Version 1.02 Patch - 4/20/2012
I've just finished work on the second patch for Gettysburg: Armored Warfare ( v1.02 ). I address some major bugs, and I basically re-wrote a large part of the animation system to provide smooth blending/transition between character animations.
You can see a before/after video on Youtube here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR2o6RFyXbc&lc
I also made it so playesr can change their crosshair, and layed the groundwork for the Gameplay options menu. Also I fixed the bug with the arrow keys not working with the key-mapper.
The other day I also found out how to replicate the bug where everybody gets blown up @ the game's startup. Turns out, everytime you spawned as the Confederate in Offline practice Army Skirmish mode it would kill all the units on the battlefield due to mis-placed spawn points/values. -_- That one is fixed...
I fixed a few other ones, here is the full change log...
- Fixed walk forward/backward animation.
- Created offical Steam Community group for the game ( http://steamcommunity.com/games/gettysburgarmoredwarfare ).
- Added animation smoothing / transition system for rendering character models.
- Added velocity blending and smoothing for character models' movement.
- Added 'Gameplay Settings' options menu.
- Made sniper scope crosshair thinner.
- Players can now select a 3rd person crosshair from the 'Gameplay Settings' options menu.
- Crosshair changes color (RED) for 300 milliseconds when you give damage to an enemy.
- Fixed bug with army dying at the start of Offline Practice ( Spawn points were messed up, if you joined Confederate team in Army Skirmish mode )
- Fixed bug with arrow keys not working with the key-mapper.
- AI should now attack anybody who damages them ( no longer running by them, or ignoring people who damaged them ).
- Fixed bug with server finder scroll bar.
- Released game server binaries so people can host their own games.
The build should go live sometime Friday. Thanks a lot guys, let me know your thoughts and other things you want me to improve. I have a lot of fixes/additions half-way done, they will be rolled into a patch early next week and/or Friday of next week.
I run this place.
"Some muckety-muck architecture magazine was interviewing Will Wright about SimCity, and they asked
him a question something like "which ontological urban paridigm most influenced your design of the simulator,
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"
He replied, "I just kind of optimized for game play."