Radioactive-Software Radioactive-Software
Forum to discuss Radioactive-Software Products
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Soo... I'll likely get meself a Xbox 360....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Other Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
I'dDoAnythingForMoney
Made Man


Joined: 03 May 2008
Posts: 656
Location: England

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol dudes dont buy what i call the evil one aka the xbox 360 the 360 part stands for how many days in the year it is broken both my bros have one each not me however i am a true playstation man i have a ps3 and will not play on xbox for any games other than gears of war one of the best games apart from gta i hope the next gears of war is also for playstation lol
_________________
I'm an illiterate. This makes me special and a muslim or a crazy old christian. Rarusu hasnt decided yet =)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
dgreen
The One


Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 6811
Location: Raleigh, NC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'dDoAnythingForMoney wrote:
lol dudes dont buy what i call the evil one aka the xbox 360 the 360 part stands for how many days in the year it is broken both my bros have one each not me however i am a true playstation man i have a ps3 and will not play on xbox for any games other than gears of war one of the best games apart from gta i hope the next gears of war is also for playstation lol


Yea I like the PS3, I've seen both and decided on the PS3 for integrated blu-ray playback on the bigscreen/digital audio out to the surround sound...the X360 is sort of behind the PS3 it seems...

I'm more of a PC man obviously...but I had to get the PS3 to play GTA4, the blu-ray playback was a bonus....so SONY gets my not-so-hard-earned cash.

I really don't think Gears was such a great game, it seemed like every other hold your hand fps...and fps SUCK without a mouse Very Happy It's pretty crucial imo....
_________________
I run this place.
"Some muckety-muck architecture magazine was interviewing Will Wright about SimCity, and they asked
him a question something like "which ontological urban paridigm most influenced your design of the simulator,
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"
He replied, "I just kind of optimized for game play."

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Rarusu
Viking


Joined: 22 Nov 2007
Posts: 2316
Location: Norway

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dgreen wrote:
I'dDoAnythingForMoney wrote:
lol dudes dont buy what i call the evil one aka the xbox 360 the 360 part stands for how many days in the year it is broken both my bros have one each not me however i am a true playstation man i have a ps3 and will not play on xbox for any games other than gears of war one of the best games apart from gta i hope the next gears of war is also for playstation lol


Yea I like the PS3, I've seen both and decided on the PS3 for integrated blu-ray playback on the bigscreen/digital audio out to the surround sound...the X360 is sort of behind the PS3 it seems...

I'm more of a PC man obviously...but I had to get the PS3 to play GTA4, the blu-ray playback was a bonus....so SONY gets my not-so-hard-earned cash.

I really don't think Gears was such a great game, it seemed like every other hold your hand fps...and fps SUCK without a mouse Very Happy It's pretty crucial imo....


Of course, you COULD just wait 'till it comes to the computer... Like the rest of us comp gamers...
_________________
''Der Mensch der Erkenntniss muss nicht nur seine Feinde lieben, er muss auch seine Freunde hassen können.''
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
warlord11030
Moris Family Mafia Don


Joined: 19 May 2007
Posts: 2777

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'dDoAnythingForMoney wrote:
lol dudes dont buy what i call the evil one aka the xbox 360 the 360 part stands for how many days in the year it is broken both my bros have one each not me however i am a true playstation man i have a ps3 and will not play on xbox for any games other than gears of war one of the best games apart from gta i hope the next gears of war is also for playstation lol




uh.. just get a warranty.. you'll have your 360 back.

PS3 has fucked up horribly since it came out.



all the major titles have been for the 360, only one or two for sony. even the wii had the zelda game when it first came out.



i own all the stations and the 360 is still the most fun for me to play on.

and all the new games are coming on it also.
_________________
Ive ran my Family for a long time.. Years! The Moris Family operations are on...
-The Sims Online
-Urban Empires
-Secondlife
-There
-SAMP
www.rl-rpg.nl/forum/index.php
www.radioactive-software.com
Don Moris.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Object13
Official A.D.D Mascot


Joined: 26 Jun 2007
Posts: 1507
Location: Yakima, WA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps3's are lame imo.


i've played all 3 consoles and i agree 360 is the most fun.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
I'dDoAnythingForMoney
Made Man


Joined: 03 May 2008
Posts: 656
Location: England

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah xbox 360 is ok but i just think ps3 is an all round better console it comes with blueray player all it needs is a few more good games
_________________
I'm an illiterate. This makes me special and a muslim or a crazy old christian. Rarusu hasnt decided yet =)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
warlord11030
Moris Family Mafia Don


Joined: 19 May 2007
Posts: 2777

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'dDoAnythingForMoney wrote:
nah xbox 360 is ok but i just think ps3 is an all round better console it comes with blueray player all it needs is a few more good games




and some how to beat out xbox live.. which is not possible lol.



all dey got so far is the online browser.
_________________
Ive ran my Family for a long time.. Years! The Moris Family operations are on...
-The Sims Online
-Urban Empires
-Secondlife
-There
-SAMP
www.rl-rpg.nl/forum/index.php
www.radioactive-software.com
Don Moris.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rappen
Mini-Me


Joined: 22 Apr 2007
Posts: 6633
Location: Spijkenisse, Netherlands

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the japanese fucked up with both consoles lol

360 pwned every fuckin console, besides the computer (which isn't a console, i know lol) i still rather playing games on the computer than on a console...
_________________
Rappen Fo'shizzle my nizzle oh fo dizzle Razz

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
dgreen
The One


Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 6811
Location: Raleigh, NC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at the sales trends the PS3 is mirroring the PS2 almost exactly...the PS2 is still selling today...

I havn't tried it, but PS3 has a *da daa da daaa* FREE multiplayer service, no bullshit fees...I'm too lazy to set it up, and im not sure what features it has...but it seems nice.

I just got mine on a whim instead of buying a blu-ray player. Plus it's got some trippy visualizations w/music I can stream from my comps, and you can install your own operating system on the PS3.

My money is on the PS3, the 360 had a year head start so it will obviously have "more" units sold at this point, but PS3 sales are going up, especially with the death of HD DVD making Blu-Ray the only show in town & making the all-in-one entertainment PS3 a more appealing option for people.

I don't even play games on my PS3 even tho I have like 5-6 of them [ I played GTA4 for a few days, thats it lol 10% complete!!1 ], I just watch movies on it...it does it really well and IMO with the digital out and HD outs to the surround and 50" plasma it's teh sex. A white sex-box would kill the whole look -_-

Does 360 even support true 1920x1080p resolution??
_________________
I run this place.
"Some muckety-muck architecture magazine was interviewing Will Wright about SimCity, and they asked
him a question something like "which ontological urban paridigm most influenced your design of the simulator,
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"
He replied, "I just kind of optimized for game play."

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
I'dDoAnythingForMoney
Made Man


Joined: 03 May 2008
Posts: 656
Location: England

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

by the way danny the ps3 is pretty good for online plus it has built in wireless for the 360 you have got to buy a wifi thing to plug in plus the ps3 is all free online. btw guys look at the plans sony have for online its called home
_________________
I'm an illiterate. This makes me special and a muslim or a crazy old christian. Rarusu hasnt decided yet =)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Object13
Official A.D.D Mascot


Joined: 26 Jun 2007
Posts: 1507
Location: Yakima, WA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont think the 360 does support 1920x1080p, but quite frankly its not a huge deal to me, if i bought movies instead of borrowing them from friends and ripping them to my computer and watching them that way. then i might consider a ps3 for being a cheap blu-ray player that does other shit as well. BUT again, i really dont care ALL that much.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
dgreen
The One


Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 6811
Location: Raleigh, NC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Object13 wrote:
dont think the 360 does support 1920x1080p, but quite frankly its not a huge deal to me, if i bought movies instead of borrowing them from friends and ripping them to my computer and watching them that way. then i might consider a ps3 for being a cheap blu-ray player that does other shit as well. BUT again, i really dont care ALL that much.


Well I'm a movie whore. I spent a shit load of money on this TV, and I've got a new surround system...blu-rays are only like $25-$35 bucks now, uncompressed master audio and 1920x1080p resolution on a big TV + sound system really makes movies much more immersive and impressive than ever before @ home...even better than 640p DVDs on a 105" projection screen.

I probably have about 50 blu-rays now, and probably 250-300 DVDs...so it's totally worth it to me, even tho everyone I know prefers a sex-box...one of my brother's friends was running the visualizations on the PS3 one day and that convinced me to go buy it Very Happy

It's really an all-in-one entertainment system right out of the box and looks really good on a big TV @ full HD resolution.

Eventually everyone will have to buy a blu-ray player like they did with a DVD player, but back when I was buying my ps3, HD DVD was still 50% of the shelf space. Now it's all blu-ray and it's grown 2x in size and I'm waiting each week for them to release good new shit on blu-ray....lucky for me blu-ray didn't loose the format battle Surprised .
_________________
I run this place.
"Some muckety-muck architecture magazine was interviewing Will Wright about SimCity, and they asked
him a question something like "which ontological urban paridigm most influenced your design of the simulator,
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"
He replied, "I just kind of optimized for game play."

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
rappen
Mini-Me


Joined: 22 Apr 2007
Posts: 6633
Location: Spijkenisse, Netherlands

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dgreen wrote:
Object13 wrote:
dont think the 360 does support 1920x1080p, but quite frankly its not a huge deal to me, if i bought movies instead of borrowing them from friends and ripping them to my computer and watching them that way. then i might consider a ps3 for being a cheap blu-ray player that does other shit as well. BUT again, i really dont care ALL that much.


Well I'm a movie whore. I spent a shit load of money on this TV, and I've got a new surround system...blu-rays are only like $25-$35 bucks now, uncompressed master audio and 1920x1080p resolution on a big TV + sound system really makes movies much more immersive and impressive than ever before @ home...even better than 640p DVDs on a 105" projection screen.

I probably have about 50 blu-rays now, and probably 250-300 DVDs...so it's totally worth it to me, even tho everyone I know prefers a sex-box...one of my brother's friends was running the visualizations on the PS3 one day and that convinced me to go buy it Very Happy

It's really an all-in-one entertainment system right out of the box and looks really good on a big TV @ full HD resolution.

Eventually everyone will have to buy a blu-ray player like they did with a DVD player, but back when I was buying my ps3, HD DVD was still 50% of the shelf space. Now it's all blu-ray and it's grown 2x in size and I'm waiting each week for them to release good new shit on blu-ray....lucky for me blu-ray didn't loose the format battle Surprised .


ok, but you love to watch movies and shit like that, but i think alot of people bought the 360 for games (and xbox live), PS3 is a sort of all in one console that's why it's more expensive than the 360, so why should someone (that doesn't watch movies that often) buy a PS3? so i see alot of downsides at the PS3.
_________________
Rappen Fo'shizzle my nizzle oh fo dizzle Razz

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
I'dDoAnythingForMoney
Made Man


Joined: 03 May 2008
Posts: 656
Location: England

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why doesnt xbow come with wirless internet thats what pisses me off and it costs money to play online that should be free
_________________
I'm an illiterate. This makes me special and a muslim or a crazy old christian. Rarusu hasnt decided yet =)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
dgreen
The One


Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 6811
Location: Raleigh, NC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rappen wrote:
dgreen wrote:
Object13 wrote:
dont think the 360 does support 1920x1080p, but quite frankly its not a huge deal to me, if i bought movies instead of borrowing them from friends and ripping them to my computer and watching them that way. then i might consider a ps3 for being a cheap blu-ray player that does other shit as well. BUT again, i really dont care ALL that much.


Well I'm a movie whore. I spent a shit load of money on this TV, and I've got a new surround system...blu-rays are only like $25-$35 bucks now, uncompressed master audio and 1920x1080p resolution on a big TV + sound system really makes movies much more immersive and impressive than ever before @ home...even better than 640p DVDs on a 105" projection screen.

I probably have about 50 blu-rays now, and probably 250-300 DVDs...so it's totally worth it to me, even tho everyone I know prefers a sex-box...one of my brother's friends was running the visualizations on the PS3 one day and that convinced me to go buy it Very Happy

It's really an all-in-one entertainment system right out of the box and looks really good on a big TV @ full HD resolution.

Eventually everyone will have to buy a blu-ray player like they did with a DVD player, but back when I was buying my ps3, HD DVD was still 50% of the shelf space. Now it's all blu-ray and it's grown 2x in size and I'm waiting each week for them to release good new shit on blu-ray....lucky for me blu-ray didn't loose the format battle Surprised .


ok, but you love to watch movies and shit like that, but i think alot of people bought the 360 for games (and xbox live), PS3 is a sort of all in one console that's why it's more expensive than the 360, so why should someone (that doesn't watch movies that often) buy a PS3? so i see alot of downsides at the PS3.


Because bluray movies are the fukin shit :-O

But I can see how most ppl wouldn't want to spend $1000s on movies lol...

Still you're eventually gonna have to upgrade toa bluray player from a DVD, and the sooner you do, the more bang for the buck you get.

I dunno, everyone has to justify their purchases to themselves in whatever ways make them happy.

I'dDoAnythingForMoney wrote:
why doesnt xbow come with wirless internet thats what pisses me off and it costs money to play online that should be free


Yes. This is true.

I don't know why Micro$oft would do such a thing to it's loyal fans/customers??

Sony somehow pulled off the free online services and they are expanding them a lot from what I hear [ I'm too lazy to sign up, and I could care less about multiplayer on a console, that's what PCs are for ]...

M$ knows the art of nickel and diming people to death, same as i-tunes... 0.99 cents here, 0.99 cents there adds up.
_________________
I run this place.
"Some muckety-muck architecture magazine was interviewing Will Wright about SimCity, and they asked
him a question something like "which ontological urban paridigm most influenced your design of the simulator,
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"
He replied, "I just kind of optimized for game play."

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group