Radioactive-Software Radioactive-Software
Forum to discuss Radioactive-Software Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will your game support linux?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GangsterMan

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Will your game support linux? Reply with quote

Just wondering if you have any plans to make a port to linux. I know your engine is written in DX (correct me if i'm wrong) which would make porting a real pain. Linux does support OGL. I would like to see more games for linux (so I never have to buy WINDOWS). I'm sure if you released the code Linux coders like my self would gladly port it. Just want to know what your plans are. Good work on the game and can't wait for its release.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Re: Will your game support linux? Reply with quote

GangsterMan wrote:
Just wondering if you have any plans to make a port to linux. I know your engine is written in DX (correct me if i'm wrong) which would make porting a real pain. Linux does support OGL. I would like to see more games for linux (so I never have to buy WINDOWS). I'm sure if you released the code Linux coders like my self would gladly port it. Just want to know what your plans are. Good work on the game and can't wait for its release.

AFAIK dgreen found publisher for Gang War so I don't think hes going to sell the game and make it open source Wink
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, the game is in DX and uses a lot of window specific stuff...maybe if I'd thought of that from the start it would be easier.

Also releasing the source code and doing a commercial release at the same time sort of contradict each other Smile

- Dan
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"
He replied, "I just kind of optimized for game play."

GangsterMan

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I guess I'll have to run GangWar on windows. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try to make it compatible with cedega/wine emulation
me

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
try to make it compatible with cedega/wine emulation

yeah, great idea Very Happy especially about game coded using DX xD
gaoyf9527

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: good news! Reply with quote

world of warcraft gold Promotion! Here guarantee the lowest price of wow gold in the market! There will can make your wow life rich and we can promise you will be a hero in world of warcraft cause you will have more and more wow power level to get good weapen and other stuff ! we have sell Buy wow gold the price Slashed again! Unbeatable price from the direct sale. You are buying World of Warcraft gold from the game developers directly, not from the resellers, no hacking, no cheating, guarantee work ! but please keep your mind clear , don't pay more time and money there , cause you have your live life ! ok that's all thanks for your read . ( maybe this is a good news)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Programming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: