Radioactive-Software Radioactive-Software
Forum to discuss Radioactive-Software Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ethnic gangs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Urban Empires
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LilChingK

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: ethnic gangs Reply with quote

iono if this is the right place to bring this up, but I think itd be nice if this game also focused a bit on street based gangs rather than so much on the international gangs. Gangs like bloods and crips, with colors, and also ethnic gangs like ms-13 nd tiny rascals gang.

haha in my whole life ive never seen any international gangs (mafia, etc) in real life, and ive only seen 1 biker gang (on a trip out west lmfaoo). But I see street thugs js about every day.

I like what u guys did with the latino and black models, I think more of those would be nice.

I noticed you have almost no white street gangsters except for the biker gangs lol.

And the asian gangsters r kinda mispresented lol. honestly ive never heard of a japanese schoolgirl gang. -.- try something like dubc, trg, abz, etc.

Haha this is js my opinion, aside from that I like wut ur trying to do, this game sounds really interesting lol.
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off no publisher on earth will touch a game based on real world gangs...

The gang types are obviously stylized, and the japanese girl gang is a joke...ever see the movie Kill Bill? Ever heard of it?

Just becasue you've never seen anyone in the mafia doens't mean that it doesn't exist LOL...though today obviously there are not gangsters walking around in pinstripe suits like they did in the 1920s. Again, it's stylized.

There are irish gangsters, italian, and biker...there is no such thing as 'white'...just mixtures of the various caucasion races that came to a country.

There are other issues with what you talk about but the above explanation should do the job. Thanks for taking to the time to post!
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"
He replied, "I just kind of optimized for game play."

Darth-Vader
Viking Rapist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah your black dudes can be your Bloods/Crips/GD's and your latin dudes can be your Latin Kings/MS-13. I don't think they're that wildly different.

As for other ethnic gangs, well I touch myself thinking of the erotic possibilities of another Asian gang (triads?) and a Jamaican Posse type gang (rastafarian stereotype?) but goddamnit, this game is taking long enough already and since we basically got 1 guy and his small support artists team,etc. working on this, goddamnit Duke Nukem will come out before this game does if it has any more gangs. Goddamnit!

Maybe in an expansion or something.... eh Danny? Wink

EDIT: 69 posts!!!
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In-game you can craete a gang called 'The Crips' and make them black...i bet that will be one of the first.

Yea, I do need the triads on motorbikes xD Also some kind of jamacian/rastifarian gang would be perfect.

The game's gangs are supposed to be ethno-stereotypes.

I've talked in a previous thread about doing 3 new gangs and a bunch of new weapons as an 9.99 or 19.99 add-on...
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"

warlord11030
Moris Family Mafia Don

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dgreen wrote:
In-game you can craete a gang called 'The Crips' and make them black...i bet that will be one of the first.

Yea, I do need the triads on motorbikes xD Also some kind of jamacian/rastifarian gang would be perfect.

I've talked in a previous thread about doing 3 new gangs and a bunch of new weapons as an 9.99 or 19.99 add-on...

you need to wait at least around 2 months with the game already released to sell an expansion lol.

people gots to get to know the game first.

jamaican gang would be pretty rape.
-Secondlife
-There
-SAMP
www.rl-rpg.nl/forum/index.php
www.radioactive-software.com
Don Moris.
Darth-Vader
Viking Rapist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could do like a hippy gang, they would drive around in their hippy vans and sell LSD and weed. Only problem would be they wouldn't have any weapons... Confused

Hmmm how about a Clockwork Orange style gang? Yeah they wouldn't really be making mad $$$ like the other gangs, but they could get like a rape bonus or something....

I'm running out of ideas now... a Dutch gang made up of midgets?
warlord11030
Moris Family Mafia Don

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mercenary faction.

bet you could think of a lot to do with that.. a fookin shet load.

add the whole function of being able to put contracts on gang members and cops etc.. add a whole new thing to that. would be pretty fuckin awesome.. the skins for the group would be pretty awesome to.

ye.
-Secondlife
-There
-SAMP
www.rl-rpg.nl/forum/index.php
www.radioactive-software.com
Don Moris.
Darth-Vader
Viking Rapist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A homosexual gang dressed as the Village People?
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

warlord11030 wrote:
dgreen wrote:

you need to wait at least around 2 months with the game already released to sell an expansion lol.

people gots to get to know the game first.

jamaican gang would be pretty rape.

I didn't put a date on it? and who says 2 months after the game is out? why not 1 month, or 3 months -_-

I'm probably going to just get a job at a game studio I've got some interesting things going on there lately, we'll see how that goes...but I'll probably take some time off after this...depends how well it goes over with people.

But yea there are 1000 different gang types that can be in the game...I was limited by my $$$$.

TermlessHalo
Street thug

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait theres a biker gang danny?
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there's a biker gang...here is what one of them looks like....

Damnit do you guys not even read the front page? lol

I'dDoAnythingForMoney
Made Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol were sorry danny Sad still looks fking awesome though
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx Smile

TermlessHalo
Street thug

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry danny. But that does look cool man.
HaRd WuZ
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we choose the name of our gang?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Urban Empires All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: