Radioactive-Software Radioactive-Software
Forum to discuss Radioactive-Software Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MAG - 256 player multiplayer combat

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Other Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: MAG - 256 player multiplayer combat Reply with quote

This is tight...

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53676

I've also just added some new stuff into Warbots which is similar to this game [ think humans Wink ]...just wait till you see what I did in a few days Very Happy I could probably scale my game up to 256 players....right now the limit is 64 [ 1000 ingame humans per server ]...I'd need a hell of a server, but I use a hybrid sort of netcode so I could probably pull it off....
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"
He replied, "I just kind of optimized for game play."

harmar
Street thug

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

game looks crazy and i'm afraid to see how it is going to react with peaple with crazy net connections

- just saw this post Razz
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

harmar wrote:
game looks crazy and i'm afraid to see how it is going to react with peaple with crazy net connections

- just saw this post Razz

The game is out already...turns they were lying I guess. I didn't buy it b/c it seems "eh"...but I read they split it into 4x64 player servers on the same map or some nonsense to sell it as [ 256!!!! ].....so much marketing bullshit on consoles.

They are peddling 1920x1080 8xMSAA screenshots of "x-box 360 exclusive" Halo XXXXX as it if the 5 year old xbox can run a game @ anything higher than 720p w/no AA....such a farce. Posting screenshots from the dev PCs to game sites. These lying douches....lol microsoft is tanking the PC industry to get the sheeple to buy a uber-closed-system 360 & pay-per-month access...buuuut I liked windows gaming .... :-/

So yea, anyways...I didn't buy that ^ MAG game. I think I might get Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on PC and PS3 though. Since I do kinda like playing games whilst chilling & on a big TV...its kinda different than sitting in a lazy-boy playing on a computer desk. Plus I liked the Ps3 Demo, have not played PC version yet...hope it's not a shitty console port, or I'll loose faith in most major PC gaming companies.

thurs this hawt new gaeme called 'armored warfare' some inerneat faeg is mking it. leik 1000 soldiers on teh game server or smothting. butseks.
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"

harmar
Street thug

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha ya, i didnt belive that 256 per map eather. the hardware and the ISP connections needed to run a SINGLE 256 packed map of peaple players would fry any network out there with all the information that would be needed to relate to each player

Player shoots guy in foot -> sends to server -> x256 players sent to = .0000001 lag

256x players blow up or get shot near same time = oops broken server

i see it all the time on SAMP when servers that run 500 slots when game mode programmed wrong.
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

harmar wrote:
haha ya, i didnt belive that 256 per map eather. the hardware and the ISP connections needed to run a SINGLE 256 packed map of peaple players would fry any network out there with all the information that would be needed to relate to each player

Player shoots guy in foot -> sends to server -> x256 players sent to = .0000001 lag

256x players blow up or get shot near same time = oops broken server

i see it all the time on SAMP when servers that run 500 slots when game mode programmed wrong.

Well it's possible to have that many players - only b/c they are running dedicated servers on the back end ...I'm just curious how it plays out in reality. I heard mixed things about the game, suppose the only thing to do is check out the demo sometime Surprised

harmar
Street thug

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

same, been screwy i got a few friends at ITT Tech that are going nuts and we debate it atleast once a week
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: