Radioactive-Software Radioactive-Software
Forum to discuss Radioactive-Software Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go here now...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Urban Empires
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should I make Urban Empires a FPS or leave it 3rd person when controlling a gangster?
First person shooter! I wanna see the game's 50 guns up close!
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
3rd person, I like to pretend I'm playing WoW
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
I want to play from the 5th person point of view, in other words, I dont care just gimme teh game!!11fs
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
I'm spoiled and unrealistic, I want BOTH!!! MUHAHAA
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 16

dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warlord11030 wrote:
dgreen wrote:
warlord11030 wrote:
dgreen wrote:
ope wrote:
what u mean dynamic?
have the same time as outside world?
about the rain, now i get, why they use blurr effect when it rains (to make much more real).
that lighting looks gorgeous.

when i watch those pictures it makes me wish to play the game. as much as i can tell, u seem to add extra touch to detail (those make the difference) and the other thing i can tell about you is that u like to be unique.

is your city based on any city in the world?
...and are u going to add secrets?

No, I mean the time of day and weather IN-GAME is moving just like real life, just way faster, so in-game a whole day will go by, but in the real world it's only been 5 minutes. There are also in-game weather patterns I dynamically generate at the start of each level. Everything will be different everytime you play - GTA has a system just like that - have you ever played GTA ? We're all just trying to simulate reality.

Thanks for comments about images, I can't stress enough how old these images are in terms of my technology, I just need a bit more time before I can post images of the new technology w/urban empires. It'll look great Smile There's not even any kind of normal mapping/bump mapping in those scenes.

Cities are created with the in-game city editor, and can be uploaded and shared between users online [ already coded and finished in the game, there are about 5 cities i've made so far ] .. the pawn shop video on www.urbanempires.com [ scroll down ] shows the city editor, I've also typed up everything you'd ever want to know 1000 times before in the previous posts on the forum, and my dev journal over the years. It's just sort of hard to organize all the information Surprised Maybe once the games are done I will setup the years of development tracking into an easier to view package.

Also, no secrets lol - I'll let GTA handle that kind of stuff. But yea users can make cities based off whatever they want, there can be hills in the game etc now that I've updated my technology/engine everything is possible

honestly.. that day and night timing stuff sounds kinda gey.

but it's probably not as bad as you made it sound.

because 2.5 minutes in day and 2.5 minutes in night isn't cool.

if it's possible, you should let the host select the time of day / weather / how often it changes.

The day time is a server variable - you think I can code a video game myself and not think to make the time-multplier a variable the users can define ?

That's the whole point of pc gaming - is shit like that....

damnit warlock you gotta trust me. It's also controllable if you're playing practice offline and want to mess with things.

fine fine shet shet.

but srsly danny.

don't cause a ruckus.

wha? chu wanna throw hands moris?
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"
He replied, "I just kind of optimized for game play."

warlord11030
Moris Family Mafia Don

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dgreen wrote:
warlord11030 wrote:
dgreen wrote:
warlord11030 wrote:
dgreen wrote:
ope wrote:
what u mean dynamic?
have the same time as outside world?
about the rain, now i get, why they use blurr effect when it rains (to make much more real).
that lighting looks gorgeous.

when i watch those pictures it makes me wish to play the game. as much as i can tell, u seem to add extra touch to detail (those make the difference) and the other thing i can tell about you is that u like to be unique.

is your city based on any city in the world?
...and are u going to add secrets?

No, I mean the time of day and weather IN-GAME is moving just like real life, just way faster, so in-game a whole day will go by, but in the real world it's only been 5 minutes. There are also in-game weather patterns I dynamically generate at the start of each level. Everything will be different everytime you play - GTA has a system just like that - have you ever played GTA ? We're all just trying to simulate reality.

Thanks for comments about images, I can't stress enough how old these images are in terms of my technology, I just need a bit more time before I can post images of the new technology w/urban empires. It'll look great Smile There's not even any kind of normal mapping/bump mapping in those scenes.

Cities are created with the in-game city editor, and can be uploaded and shared between users online [ already coded and finished in the game, there are about 5 cities i've made so far ] .. the pawn shop video on www.urbanempires.com [ scroll down ] shows the city editor, I've also typed up everything you'd ever want to know 1000 times before in the previous posts on the forum, and my dev journal over the years. It's just sort of hard to organize all the information Surprised Maybe once the games are done I will setup the years of development tracking into an easier to view package.

Also, no secrets lol - I'll let GTA handle that kind of stuff. But yea users can make cities based off whatever they want, there can be hills in the game etc now that I've updated my technology/engine everything is possible

honestly.. that day and night timing stuff sounds kinda gey.

but it's probably not as bad as you made it sound.

because 2.5 minutes in day and 2.5 minutes in night isn't cool.

if it's possible, you should let the host select the time of day / weather / how often it changes.

The day time is a server variable - you think I can code a video game myself and not think to make the time-multplier a variable the users can define ?

That's the whole point of pc gaming - is shit like that....

damnit warlock you gotta trust me. It's also controllable if you're playing practice offline and want to mess with things.

fine fine shet shet.

but srsly danny.

don't cause a ruckus.

wha? chu wanna throw hands moris?

do you wanna go mang?

cause I will drop you.

srs bisns yo.

this is gangsta life i livin, u livin da white life G.
-Secondlife
-There
-SAMP
www.rl-rpg.nl/forum/index.php
www.radioactive-software.com
Don Moris.
HaRd WuZ
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Not first person shooter .. that would ruin the whole game Sad
HaRd WuZ
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh both >.< Thats cool Wink
rappen
Mini-Me

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HaRd WuZ wrote:

Zeker Smile

dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rappen wrote:
HaRd WuZ wrote:

Zeker Smile

Yea lol - whats wrong with both, evarybodies wins Surprised
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"

harmar
Street thug

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

be alsome to have first person, third person, and a 3rd person sky view and be able to control where your peaple go Very Happy
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

harmar wrote:
be alsome to have first person, third person, and a 3rd person sky view and be able to control where your peaple go Very Happy

lol - I thought you guys wanted this game released sometime this century i'll be 70 years old and FINALLY urban empires will be done! *cue god-rays and choir*

Buy srsly, I think I can do 1st, 3rd, and command, if I had the arm artwork for unique player models - but I don't - so its just gonna be "3rd person control & 3rd person command"

HaRd WuZ
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dgreen wrote:
harmar wrote:

lol - I thought you guys wanted this game released sometime this century i'll be 70 years old and FINALLY urban empires will be done! *cue god-rays and choir*

Mr. Green
harmar
Street thug

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darn o well xD

*activates begging mode*

can i be a game GM 0.0 lol
rappen
Mini-Me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only midgets are aloud to be a second boss

*Refers to Austin Power movie*

warlord11030
Moris Family Mafia Don

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dgreen wrote:
harmar wrote:

Buy srsly, I think I can do 1st, 3rd, and command, if I had the arm artwork for unique player models - but I don't - so its just gonna be "3rd person control & 3rd person command"

what..? you would have to add new skins for almost every avatar. what if one has a tattoo?

you'd have to animate the guns so they don't look retarded. and position them correctly.

are the tradeoffs rly worth it? you should focus on other parts of the game.
-Secondlife
-There
-SAMP
Don Moris.
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warlord11030 wrote:
dgreen wrote:
harmar wrote:

what..? you would have to add new skins for almost every avatar. what if one has a tattoo?

you'd have to animate the guns so they don't look retarded. and position them correctly.

Aaaaaan that's what imma gonna do Cool

warlord11030
Moris Family Mafia Don

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dgreen wrote:
warlord11030 wrote:
dgreen wrote:
harmar wrote:

nigga.. come on.. lol.

you should focus on the larger picture rather than that type of thang. theres a bunch of stuff I bet you gotta look over and check / recheck.
-Secondlife
-There
-SAMP
Don Moris.
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

warlord11030 wrote:
dgreen wrote:
warlord11030 wrote:
dgreen wrote:
harmar wrote:

nigga.. come on.. lol.

you should focus on the larger picture rather than that type of thang. theres a bunch of stuff I bet you gotta look over and check / recheck.

I was saying I agree with you, so it's prolly gonna be only 3rd person. I wuz zaying it in se34cr43t way

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Urban Empires All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: