Radioactive-Software Radioactive-Software
Forum to discuss Radioactive-Software Products
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go here now...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Urban Empires
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should I make Urban Empires a FPS or leave it 3rd person when controlling a gangster?
First person shooter! I wanna see the game's 50 guns up close!
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
3rd person, I like to pretend I'm playing WoW
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
I want to play from the 5th person point of view, in other words, I dont care just gimme teh game!!11fs
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
I'm spoiled and unrealistic, I want BOTH!!! MUHAHAA
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 16

Author Message
dgreen
The One


Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 6811
Location: Raleigh, NC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warlord11030 wrote:
dgreen wrote:
warlord11030 wrote:
dgreen wrote:
ope wrote:
what u mean dynamic?
have the same time as outside world?
about the rain, now i get, why they use blurr effect when it rains (to make much more real).
that lighting looks gorgeous.

when i watch those pictures it makes me wish to play the game. as much as i can tell, u seem to add extra touch to detail (those make the difference) and the other thing i can tell about you is that u like to be unique.

is your city based on any city in the world?
...and are u going to add secrets?


No, I mean the time of day and weather IN-GAME is moving just like real life, just way faster, so in-game a whole day will go by, but in the real world it's only been 5 minutes. There are also in-game weather patterns I dynamically generate at the start of each level. Everything will be different everytime you play - GTA has a system just like that - have you ever played GTA ? We're all just trying to simulate reality.

Thanks for comments about images, I can't stress enough how old these images are in terms of my technology, I just need a bit more time before I can post images of the new technology w/urban empires. It'll look great Smile There's not even any kind of normal mapping/bump mapping in those scenes.

Cities are created with the in-game city editor, and can be uploaded and shared between users online [ already coded and finished in the game, there are about 5 cities i've made so far ] .. the pawn shop video on www.urbanempires.com [ scroll down ] shows the city editor, I've also typed up everything you'd ever want to know 1000 times before in the previous posts on the forum, and my dev journal over the years. It's just sort of hard to organize all the information Surprised Maybe once the games are done I will setup the years of development tracking into an easier to view package.

Also, no secrets lol - I'll let GTA handle that kind of stuff. But yea users can make cities based off whatever they want, there can be hills in the game etc now that I've updated my technology/engine everything is possible


honestly.. that day and night timing stuff sounds kinda gey.

but it's probably not as bad as you made it sound.



because 2.5 minutes in day and 2.5 minutes in night isn't cool.



if it's possible, you should let the host select the time of day / weather / how often it changes.


The day time is a server variable - you think I can code a video game myself and not think to make the time-multplier a variable the users can define ?

That's the whole point of pc gaming - is shit like that....

damnit warlock you gotta trust me. It's also controllable if you're playing practice offline and want to mess with things.


fine fine shet shet.



but srsly danny.

don't cause a ruckus.


wha? chu wanna throw hands moris?
_________________
I run this place.
"Some muckety-muck architecture magazine was interviewing Will Wright about SimCity, and they asked
him a question something like "which ontological urban paridigm most influenced your design of the simulator,
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"
He replied, "I just kind of optimized for game play."

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
warlord11030
Moris Family Mafia Don


Joined: 19 May 2007
Posts: 2777

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dgreen wrote:
warlord11030 wrote:
dgreen wrote:
warlord11030 wrote:
dgreen wrote:
ope wrote:
what u mean dynamic?
have the same time as outside world?
about the rain, now i get, why they use blurr effect when it rains (to make much more real).
that lighting looks gorgeous.

when i watch those pictures it makes me wish to play the game. as much as i can tell, u seem to add extra touch to detail (those make the difference) and the other thing i can tell about you is that u like to be unique.

is your city based on any city in the world?
...and are u going to add secrets?


No, I mean the time of day and weather IN-GAME is moving just like real life, just way faster, so in-game a whole day will go by, but in the real world it's only been 5 minutes. There are also in-game weather patterns I dynamically generate at the start of each level. Everything will be different everytime you play - GTA has a system just like that - have you ever played GTA ? We're all just trying to simulate reality.

Thanks for comments about images, I can't stress enough how old these images are in terms of my technology, I just need a bit more time before I can post images of the new technology w/urban empires. It'll look great Smile There's not even any kind of normal mapping/bump mapping in those scenes.

Cities are created with the in-game city editor, and can be uploaded and shared between users online [ already coded and finished in the game, there are about 5 cities i've made so far ] .. the pawn shop video on www.urbanempires.com [ scroll down ] shows the city editor, I've also typed up everything you'd ever want to know 1000 times before in the previous posts on the forum, and my dev journal over the years. It's just sort of hard to organize all the information Surprised Maybe once the games are done I will setup the years of development tracking into an easier to view package.

Also, no secrets lol - I'll let GTA handle that kind of stuff. But yea users can make cities based off whatever they want, there can be hills in the game etc now that I've updated my technology/engine everything is possible


honestly.. that day and night timing stuff sounds kinda gey.

but it's probably not as bad as you made it sound.



because 2.5 minutes in day and 2.5 minutes in night isn't cool.



if it's possible, you should let the host select the time of day / weather / how often it changes.


The day time is a server variable - you think I can code a video game myself and not think to make the time-multplier a variable the users can define ?

That's the whole point of pc gaming - is shit like that....

damnit warlock you gotta trust me. It's also controllable if you're playing practice offline and want to mess with things.


fine fine shet shet.



but srsly danny.

don't cause a ruckus.


wha? chu wanna throw hands moris?


do you wanna go mang?

cause I will drop you.



srs bisns yo.



this is gangsta life i livin, u livin da white life G.
_________________
Ive ran my Family for a long time.. Years! The Moris Family operations are on...
-The Sims Online
-Urban Empires
-Secondlife
-There
-SAMP
www.rl-rpg.nl/forum/index.php
www.radioactive-software.com
Don Moris.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HaRd WuZ
Forum Regular


Joined: 07 Sep 2008
Posts: 23
Location: Belgium

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Not first person shooter .. that would ruin the whole game Sad
_________________
Man, I hate bein' SOBER
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
HaRd WuZ
Forum Regular


Joined: 07 Sep 2008
Posts: 23
Location: Belgium

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh both >.< Thats cool Wink
_________________
Man, I hate bein' SOBER
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
rappen
Mini-Me


Joined: 22 Apr 2007
Posts: 6633
Location: Spijkenisse, Netherlands

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HaRd WuZ wrote:
Oh both >.< Thats cool Wink


Zeker Smile
_________________
Rappen Fo'shizzle my nizzle oh fo dizzle Razz

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
dgreen
The One


Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 6811
Location: Raleigh, NC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rappen wrote:
HaRd WuZ wrote:
Oh both >.< Thats cool Wink


Zeker Smile



Yea lol - whats wrong with both, evarybodies wins Surprised
_________________
I run this place.
"Some muckety-muck architecture magazine was interviewing Will Wright about SimCity, and they asked
him a question something like "which ontological urban paridigm most influenced your design of the simulator,
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"
He replied, "I just kind of optimized for game play."

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
harmar
Street thug


Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Posts: 346
Location: PA, USA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

be alsome to have first person, third person, and a 3rd person sky view and be able to control where your peaple go Very Happy
_________________
"Master of The Random"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dgreen
The One


Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 6811
Location: Raleigh, NC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

harmar wrote:
be alsome to have first person, third person, and a 3rd person sky view and be able to control where your peaple go Very Happy


lol - I thought you guys wanted this game released sometime this century i'll be 70 years old and FINALLY urban empires will be done! *cue god-rays and choir*

Buy srsly, I think I can do 1st, 3rd, and command, if I had the arm artwork for unique player models - but I don't - so its just gonna be "3rd person control & 3rd person command"
_________________
I run this place.
"Some muckety-muck architecture magazine was interviewing Will Wright about SimCity, and they asked
him a question something like "which ontological urban paridigm most influenced your design of the simulator,
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"
He replied, "I just kind of optimized for game play."

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
HaRd WuZ
Forum Regular


Joined: 07 Sep 2008
Posts: 23
Location: Belgium

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dgreen wrote:
harmar wrote:
be alsome to have first person, third person, and a 3rd person sky view and be able to control where your peaple go Very Happy


lol - I thought you guys wanted this game released sometime this century i'll be 70 years old and FINALLY urban empires will be done! *cue god-rays and choir*


Mr. Green
_________________
Man, I hate bein' SOBER
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
harmar
Street thug


Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Posts: 346
Location: PA, USA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darn o well xD

*activates begging mode*

can i be a game GM 0.0 lol
_________________
"Master of The Random"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rappen
Mini-Me


Joined: 22 Apr 2007
Posts: 6633
Location: Spijkenisse, Netherlands

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only midgets are aloud to be a second boss

*Refers to Austin Power movie*
_________________
Rappen Fo'shizzle my nizzle oh fo dizzle Razz

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
warlord11030
Moris Family Mafia Don


Joined: 19 May 2007
Posts: 2777

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dgreen wrote:
harmar wrote:
be alsome to have first person, third person, and a 3rd person sky view and be able to control where your peaple go Very Happy


lol - I thought you guys wanted this game released sometime this century i'll be 70 years old and FINALLY urban empires will be done! *cue god-rays and choir*

Buy srsly, I think I can do 1st, 3rd, and command, if I had the arm artwork for unique player models - but I don't - so its just gonna be "3rd person control & 3rd person command"


what..? you would have to add new skins for almost every avatar. what if one has a tattoo?

you'd have to animate the guns so they don't look retarded. and position them correctly.



are the tradeoffs rly worth it? you should focus on other parts of the game.
_________________
Ive ran my Family for a long time.. Years! The Moris Family operations are on...
-The Sims Online
-Urban Empires
-Secondlife
-There
-SAMP
www.rl-rpg.nl/forum/index.php
www.radioactive-software.com
Don Moris.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dgreen
The One


Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 6811
Location: Raleigh, NC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warlord11030 wrote:
dgreen wrote:
harmar wrote:
be alsome to have first person, third person, and a 3rd person sky view and be able to control where your peaple go Very Happy


lol - I thought you guys wanted this game released sometime this century i'll be 70 years old and FINALLY urban empires will be done! *cue god-rays and choir*

Buy srsly, I think I can do 1st, 3rd, and command, if I had the arm artwork for unique player models - but I don't - so its just gonna be "3rd person control & 3rd person command"


what..? you would have to add new skins for almost every avatar. what if one has a tattoo?

you'd have to animate the guns so they don't look retarded. and position them correctly.



are the tradeoffs rly worth it? you should focus on other parts of the game.


Aaaaaan that's what imma gonna do Cool
_________________
I run this place.
"Some muckety-muck architecture magazine was interviewing Will Wright about SimCity, and they asked
him a question something like "which ontological urban paridigm most influenced your design of the simulator,
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"
He replied, "I just kind of optimized for game play."

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
warlord11030
Moris Family Mafia Don


Joined: 19 May 2007
Posts: 2777

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dgreen wrote:
warlord11030 wrote:
dgreen wrote:
harmar wrote:
be alsome to have first person, third person, and a 3rd person sky view and be able to control where your peaple go Very Happy


lol - I thought you guys wanted this game released sometime this century i'll be 70 years old and FINALLY urban empires will be done! *cue god-rays and choir*

Buy srsly, I think I can do 1st, 3rd, and command, if I had the arm artwork for unique player models - but I don't - so its just gonna be "3rd person control & 3rd person command"


what..? you would have to add new skins for almost every avatar. what if one has a tattoo?

you'd have to animate the guns so they don't look retarded. and position them correctly.



are the tradeoffs rly worth it? you should focus on other parts of the game.


Aaaaaan that's what imma gonna do Cool


nigga.. come on.. lol.

you should focus on the larger picture rather than that type of thang. theres a bunch of stuff I bet you gotta look over and check / recheck.
_________________
Ive ran my Family for a long time.. Years! The Moris Family operations are on...
-The Sims Online
-Urban Empires
-Secondlife
-There
-SAMP
www.rl-rpg.nl/forum/index.php
www.radioactive-software.com
Don Moris.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dgreen
The One


Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 6811
Location: Raleigh, NC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

warlord11030 wrote:
dgreen wrote:
warlord11030 wrote:
dgreen wrote:
harmar wrote:
be alsome to have first person, third person, and a 3rd person sky view and be able to control where your peaple go Very Happy


lol - I thought you guys wanted this game released sometime this century i'll be 70 years old and FINALLY urban empires will be done! *cue god-rays and choir*

Buy srsly, I think I can do 1st, 3rd, and command, if I had the arm artwork for unique player models - but I don't - so its just gonna be "3rd person control & 3rd person command"


what..? you would have to add new skins for almost every avatar. what if one has a tattoo?

you'd have to animate the guns so they don't look retarded. and position them correctly.



are the tradeoffs rly worth it? you should focus on other parts of the game.


Aaaaaan that's what imma gonna do Cool


nigga.. come on.. lol.

you should focus on the larger picture rather than that type of thang. theres a bunch of stuff I bet you gotta look over and check / recheck.


I was saying I agree with you, so it's prolly gonna be only 3rd person. I wuz zaying it in se34cr43t way
_________________
I run this place.
"Some muckety-muck architecture magazine was interviewing Will Wright about SimCity, and they asked
him a question something like "which ontological urban paridigm most influenced your design of the simulator,
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"
He replied, "I just kind of optimized for game play."

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Urban Empires All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group