Radioactive-Software Radioactive-Software
Forum to discuss Radioactive-Software Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

some questions about your gang
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Urban Empires
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wawe
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: some questions about your gang Reply with quote

can you tag walls in the game like to show people in were your turf is and how does it work?And can you customize how your gang members look?
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you can spray custom tags around the city.

No you can't customize the players looks beyond team color.
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"
He replied, "I just kind of optimized for game play."

wawe
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but can you tag any wall or only sertain walls?
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wawe wrote:
but can you tag any wall or only sertain walls?

Any.
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"

wawe
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh and what about recruitment how do you recruit people into your gang?
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wawe wrote:
oh and what about recruitment how do you recruit people into your gang?

The global lobby, or in public servers, or websites outside the game.

I believe it is up to 24 people per gang/clan...each with their own rank system.

wawe
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait i thought some of the people in your gang werent players like the ones you give oreders and in 3rd person view when you control them?
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wawe wrote:
wait i thought some of the people in your gang werent players like the ones you give oreders and in 3rd person view when you control them?

http://www.urban-empires.com/gangs.php

Slots not filled by a person will be controlled by CPU ... it's hard to explain since this system is not used by any games I have ever seen - you can actually have 64 people in the server and none of them controlling a gangster in the world at that time, they could all be in RTS mode ... in that case the CPU would control the gangsters.

Players don't have a 'character' that is theirs - everyone uses the same in-game gangsters which don't have names, only the players have names/stats.

Just wait and see Very Happy Sorry it's taking so long to make the game - it's an absolutly absurd amount of work and at the moment I'm focusing on the final touches of a smaller project which will help me test my technology [ www.armoredwarfare.com ]

Also - my bad - it's only 9 people per gang/clan.

wawe
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooh ok so what your saying is that nobody makes your own charecter in the game everybody has to just play as a bunch of cpu made soldiers that you control either by 3rd person or 1st person?what about uranked servers who will your play as there?
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wawe wrote:
oooh ok so what your saying is that nobody makes your own charecter in the game everybody has to just play as a bunch of cpu made soldiers that you control either by 3rd person or 1st person?what about uranked servers who will your play as there?

Yep.

Unranked servers are random...there is a lobby after every game so everyone gets a chance to decide on things.

wawe
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but is it possible to get for example 60 soldiers and then you and the rest of your gang like the 9 of you to switch and control the 60 soldiers or its just gonna be 9 gangster on each side and the 9 gangsters tacke control of your turf?
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wawe wrote:
but is it possible to get for example 60 soldiers and then you and the rest of your gang like the 9 of you to switch and control the 60 soldiers or its just gonna be 9 gangster on each side and the 9 gangsters tacke control of your turf?

There can only be a maximum of 32 gangsters per gang if there are 2 gangs in the world. You need at least 2 sides/gangs to start a game.

But yes, there can 9 human players on a gang, and they can give orders to 32 gangsters, and control any one of them ( as long as someone with a higher in-gang rank isn't controlling that gangster ).

There can be maximum of 64 gangsters in the server at any time (CPU controlled or human controlled)...it's complicated to explain but it's all working since 2006 Smile

wawe
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds good man thanks for answering my questions and good luck this is gonna be the next big gang game just watch
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wawe wrote:
sounds good man thanks for answering my questions and good luck this is gonna be the next big gang game just watch

Thanks, that's what I'm working towards everyday Smile

dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now imagine this with gangsters LOL

http://www.radioactive-software.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1414

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Urban Empires All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: