Radioactive-Software Radioactive-Software
Forum to discuss Radioactive-Software Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Youtube Conversation continued.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Urban Empires
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vigilante18
Jehovah's Witness

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Youtube Conversation continued. Reply with quote

My question:
I'm kind of confused why would there be 3 players per gang on one server out of six gangs. Why couldn't the whole gang come on one server. 6 gangs, 9 members a piece, 6 x 9=54 players on the server giving 10 extra player slots???? Next question, are there npcs controlled by the players?

Dgreen002: Hey, It's all explained on the forums - it's complicated ... there is also a police gang on each server btw. Please join my forums and I will answer any questions you have there. There is no game out there like UE so I have nothing to point at and say "it plays like X"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So here I am, I couldn't find the answer in the forums probably in an old post. Does anyone know?
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Youtube Conversation continued. Reply with quote

Vigilante18 wrote:
My question:
I'm kind of confused why would there be 3 players per gang on one server out of six gangs. Why couldn't the whole gang come on one server. 6 gangs, 9 members a piece, 6 x 9=54 players on the server giving 10 extra player slots???? Next question, are there npcs controlled by the players?

Dgreen002: Hey, It's all explained on the forums - it's complicated ... there is also a police gang on each server btw. Please join my forums and I will answer any questions you have there. There is no game out there like UE so I have nothing to point at and say "it plays like X"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So here I am, I couldn't find the answer in the forums probably in an old post. Does anyone know?

The police gang fills up those 10 slots, there are 7 "gangs"/teams technically.

I just explained the gangs the other day in this thread -
http://www.radioactive-software.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1413

Yes there are NPCs that take orders from the player, just like any RTS game. The difference it that you can control any of them at any time...it's explained in the above thread.

You can issue orders on the fly while controlling, etc it's a complicated system and I'm the only one programming the entire game.

I don't want to waste a lot of time explaining things that might change, so I say just wait to see how the rules play out in the BETA versions of the game.

Also at the moment I'm focusing on finishing touches of a different game I've made in the last year, called "Armored Warfare" http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/mod/journal/journal.asp?jn=323649
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"
He replied, "I just kind of optimized for game play."

Vigilante18
Jehovah's Witness

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Youtube Conversation continued. Reply with quote

dgreen wrote:
Vigilante18 wrote:
My question:

Yes there are NPCs that take orders from the player, just like any RTS game. The difference it that you can control any of them at any time...it's explained in the above thread.

You can issue orders on the fly while controlling, etc it's a complicated system and I'm the only one programming the entire game.

I don't want to waste a lot of time explaining things that might change, so I say just wait to see how the rules play out in the BETA versions of the game.

Also at the moment I'm focusing on finishing touches of a different game I've made in the last year, called "Armored Warfare" http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/mod/journal/journal.asp?jn=323649

Thank you for clearing that up. I guess unless you are creating it, it can be definitely confusing. I had another question concerning the gangs. Will we be able to pick what gang we are a part of as in, two or three Italian mob families on one server or is it all different gangs?
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Youtube Conversation continued. Reply with quote

Vigilante18 wrote:
dgreen wrote:
Vigilante18 wrote:
My question:

Thank you for clearing that up. I guess unless you are creating it, it can be definitely confusing. I had another question concerning the gangs. Will we be able to pick what gang we are a part of as in, two or three Italian mob families on one server or is it all different gangs?

Yup, the gang leader can change the type of gang. I'll probably add an inter-gang voting system later on. There is a lobby session in between each game's start where players join a gang, set things up, vote on the map, etc.
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"

Vigilante18
Jehovah's Witness

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Youtube Conversation continued. Reply with quote

dgreen wrote:
Vigilante18 wrote:
dgreen wrote:
Vigilante18 wrote:
My question:

Yup, the gang leader can change the type of gang. I'll probably add an inter-gang voting system later on. There is a lobby session in between each game's start where players join a gang, set things up, vote on the map, etc.

Thats tight dude, Great job on the game so far. All we need now is new screenshots and videos. Wink
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Youtube Conversation continued. Reply with quote

Vigilante18 wrote:
dgreen wrote:
Vigilante18 wrote:
dgreen wrote:
Vigilante18 wrote:
My question:

Thats tight dude, Great job on the game so far. All we need now is new screenshots and videos. Wink

Yea, that's going to be a slight delay...maybe a few months or more for new UE videos/screens....

They will be above this quality...and obviously set in a city...this soldier model is the same resolution as all the gang/civilian models created for Urban Empires. Uses the same motion blur effect, same engine, animations, effects, everything...

There is still no advanced charcter shading in these screens, I'm coding that up tonight with an eye towards urban empires...I had some great character shaders working in UE back in 2007.

Imagine it in a city, and replace tanks with cars. soldiers with civilians, etc...

harmar
Street thug

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rushing much? Very Happy

cant wait till it is done, also cant wait for the latest game XD

be intresting if you implament something like whast is in UE with RTS to this one xD

omg tank! MINIONS! attack it!!!
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

harmar wrote:
rushing much? Very Happy

cant wait till it is done, also cant wait for the latest game XD

be intresting if you implament something like whast is in UE with RTS to this one xD

omg tank! MINIONS! attack it!!!

Don't tempt me lol....I've been thinking about doing that for a while Surprised

Vigilante18
Jehovah's Witness

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Youtube Conversation continued. Reply with quote

dgreen wrote:
Vigilante18 wrote:
dgreen wrote:
Vigilante18 wrote:
dgreen wrote:
Vigilante18 wrote:
My question:

Yea, that's going to be a slight delay...maybe a few months or more for new UE videos/screens....

They will be above this quality...and obviously set in a city...this soldier model is the same resolution as all the gang/civilian models created for Urban Empires. Uses the same motion blur effect, same engine, animations, effects, everything...

There is still no advanced charcter shading in these screens, I'm coding that up tonight with an eye towards urban empires...I had some great character shaders working in UE back in 2007.

Imagine it in a city, and replace tanks with cars. soldiers with civilians, etc...

Full assault on a gang's headquarters like that would be titties and milk.
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titties and milk Surprised

Vigilante18
Jehovah's Witness

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dgreen wrote:

Mr. Green
rappen
Mini-Me

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dgreen wrote:

I LOVE TITTY MILK Smile

dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rappen wrote:
dgreen wrote:

I LOVE TITTY MILK Smile

You try to milk male animals Surprised

rappen
Mini-Me

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dgreen wrote:
rappen wrote:
dgreen wrote:

I LOVE TITTY MILK Smile

You try to milk male animals Surprised

LIESS!111212423r4efadsgadsfgb Surprised

luluxiu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can not wait until it finishes, also cannot wait for the latest game XD is intresting things if you like whast implament this one in the UE and the RTS....
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Urban Empires All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: