Radioactive-Software Radioactive-Software
Forum to discuss Radioactive-Software Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

its teh new guy... a few questions...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Urban Empires
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GioSerpo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: its teh new guy... a few questions... Reply with quote

first, an introduction... lol
My name is Chris,. i live in Tennessee in the US... I have 4 or 5 years of coding experience in lua, pwn, c++ and a few others. I started with pwn when i was 15, and moved on from there. I have never done any big time development, but i was on the MTA Beta team, and after the release, the Quality Assurance team (basically looking for post release bugs with more people than were in the beta.) after MTA went open sourced, i did a few code tweaks, but never anything huge, and was learning C++ and lua then. Then my cousin asked me to find her a good layout for her myspace, so i tried to help her, she didnt like any, and after about a month of looking at some HTML codes from the other layouts, i made her one that she did like. looking back at that, it seemed so complicated at the time, but now i don't think it really is. anyway, i was also on the open beta for MAG on the PS3. there have been a number of other small games i helped in beta modes, so, i kind of know my way around that kind of stuff. I actually went out and bought GTA IV to be on the beta team for another MTA mod in the future, and my computer is apparently to weak to handle it. idk how, though, cause it has 8 gigs of ram, an Intel core 2 quad @ 2.5 GHz, and a (rather sucky, my GTA IV prob...) 1.7 gig integrated gpu....anyway enough with the intro, lol...

My questions are:
1. do weapons that have select fire in real life, like the AK, have select fire in this game... like in CS the pistol that resembles the glock has semi and burst fire modes.
2. can you silence the pistols, and maybe some assault rifles?
3. Will there be an option to upgrade the guns, or, at least, the mags. like the AK for example, could i choose to put a drum mag with more ammo in it?

If 1 yes, i have a suggestion to add a gun. my suggestion is a Glock 18C (the select fire - fully auto and semi auto - version of the glock 17.) all you would need to do is make a small change to the back of the slide of the glock 17 (a selector switch looking thing) and give it select fire capabilities. I don't want it to REPLACE the Glock 17 you already have, It would be good to see both.

GLOCK 18C with extended magazine

The magazine for the glock 18c can be the same as the one glock 17 and vice versa. so, it don't matter what magazine is used, but thats why i was wondering if they could be upgraded.

the clips come in standered 10 round, a same size 17 round, and the extended 33 round and can fit either gun. also, there is a drum magazine, but idk how many rounds, and i really do not like it.

Here is a vid of the 18C in action.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE_cz56HSRM

anywho thanx for reading and considering my ideas... later
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Welcome to the forums Wink Smile Cool

Cool .... yea, I have a G17 in real life w/ a 33 rnd extended mag...so yea I feel yea...and I know this gun well.

1) Yes, I have select fire in the game
2) Yes weapons could be supressed easily...but now I have suppresion as part of the weapon and it's not togglable.
3) Still, mags extended or not are still built into the weapons. I'm a gun guy myself so I want to have my guns realistic in the games...so I will try to be as faithful to the real weapons as possible ( within my technical and financial constraints )

Here are pics of my G17... Cool

the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"
He replied, "I just kind of optimized for game play."

GioSerpo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, thats cool. so i guess the 18c won't make it into the initial release, then? it is honestly my favorite pistol, lol... i like the AA12 full auto 12 gauge that you can even use frag 12 explosives in... lol
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GioSerpo wrote:
okay, thats cool. so i guess the 18c won't make it into the initial release, then? it is honestly my favorite pistol, lol... i like the AA12 full auto 12 gauge that you can even use frag 12 explosives in... lol

Yea I'll probably add the 18C into the game...it's a very small artwork modification Very Happy
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"

GioSerpo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh ok, sweet...
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAI. Surprised

GioSerpo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohai! what is upz0r
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GioSerpo wrote:
ohai! what is upz0r

Just hanging out ... finished uploading a new 3.2GB build of Armored Warfare a few minutes ago Surprised

So much work...asdfasfklm

Hopefully things will go well with that game. Cool

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Urban Empires All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: