Radioactive-Software Radioactive-Software
Forum to discuss Radioactive-Software Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6/21/2010 - E3 2010, Pictures & Stories

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Gettysburg: Armored Warfare
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: 6/21/2010 - E3 2010, Pictures & Stories Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

So I've been back in town (Raleigh, North Carolina) for a few days now, after attending my first E3 out in Los Angeles, California. As I mentioned in my previous entry, a certain publisher flew me out there, put me up in a 5 star hotel in Beverly Hills, and hooked me up with an affiliate pass to get me into the Expo. It was a great time, though the hotel was a decent distance away from the expo ( 20-30 minutes depending on traffic) ... I enjoyed the cab rides and the scenery.

The publisher meeting
So the publisher in question obviously didn't just fly me across the country for a vacation, we had a meeting scheduled so they can meet me in person & see live demos of my projects. In prep, I purchased a brand new gaming laptop [ pretty sweet I'll post pics sometime ] to assure that my demos ran correctly. I've been testing my projects on this laptop for the last month or so.

The morning of the meeting I wake up, refreshed, ready to kick some ass ... now get ready for the twist - one hour before I have to get in the cab to head over to the Expo, I power on my laptop to make sure everything works - and it BLUE SCREENS, and will NOT turn on. This is a major worst case scenario. I tried to power the computer on 10-20 times, safe-mode, memory diagnostic mode, everything blue screens the instant the computer is powered on. Total worst case scenario.

So I shower & get into the cab as a broken man. Luckily I have the foresight to burn backups of each demo to multiple CDs as a fallback incase something happened to my computer - but this is FAR from ideal. I arrive at the convention center - go to the publishers booth [ there were arrays of quieter back meeting rooms @ the expo ]...I deliver the bad news, and we take the computer out of the case just to check it out again - and BOONDABAH! It powers on the first shot Smile I thank a lucky penny I found on the ground moments before lol.

So we go into the back room for our meeting, and after the first demo they said it was the most impressive thing they've ever seen by a single person [grin][grin] I'm very excited about that, it makes the years of hard-work and sacrifice worth it! So we're going to move forward accordingly ... I will try to keep you guys updated, but yea - I couldn't be more stoked Smile

After that - it was all a blur of 5 star room-service, California sunsets from the 5* rooftop pool, hot cars, hot girls everywhere, and horrific cross-country flights ( I think my neck still hurts lol )...

All in all, I would say that it really couldn't have gone better - except for the laptop scare - which took a few years off my life.

Soooo....

On to the pictures...
Outside the convention center - Crysis 2 is going to be amazing. They had a line inside the expo you could wait in to play it...

Outside my hotel, SLS @ Beverly Hills. Apparently the hotel has some Benzos named after it, the badge on the back of the car said "SLS" Surprised Obviously styled after the old 300SL Gullwing Mercedes.

Enjoying the LA sunset from the rooftop pool of a 5 star hotel [grin] ... Mojito please...or two, or three, or...

I swear I'm not part of the rebel alliance! They kept saying something about wanting the secret deathstar plans back, droid this, ... I dunno, typical rent-a-troppers xD

Yes please...oh behave baby...oh behave...</>Austin Powers

Argggahhahaaaa....

Here are some pics I took from the expo floor - I have 100s of them, it's hard to cull it down to a few, FWIW I have uploaded 30 videos to this page www.qik.com/dgreen02

Ah well that's about it - I guess you could say mission accomplished in terms of metting some very cool people @ the publishing company, showing them my projects, and their liking what they saw. I'll keep you all updated, and I appreciate all the support over the years.

- Dan
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"
He replied, "I just kind of optimized for game play."

rappen
Mini-Me

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been over here for some weeks, but wow what a big step for your project. Good to hear they liked what they saw, when are you going to hear more from them?

PS: gimme teh car included 2 amazing hot chicks Surprised

dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rappen wrote:
I haven't been over here for some weeks, but wow what a big step for your project. Good to hear they liked what they saw, when are you going to hear more from them?

PS: gimme teh car included 2 amazing hot chicks Surprised

Obviously I can't talk about specifics, but I'll post news as I can - like I said above - it really couldn't be any better. Very Happy

Thanks Very Happy
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"

adam450
Gangsta'

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they ever say you need to have some other people working for testing/producer etc..... Smile

Thats all awesome though. Don't ever take for granted the fact that you get to program your own stuff and not have to work elsewhere as well. It's about time you get some recognition.
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam450 wrote:
If they ever say you need to have some other people working for testing/producer etc..... Smile

Thats all awesome though. Don't ever take for granted the fact that you get to program your own stuff and not have to work elsewhere as well. It's about time you get some recognition.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!

Bongo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Storm troopers are sexay
rappen
Mini-Me

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot one question, Whats up with Urban Empires?

Is it on the low, or did you show a couple of demos of the two games (armored warfare & Urban empires)

dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rappen wrote:

Is it on the low, or did you show a couple of demos of the two games (armored warfare & Urban empires)

This ^^^ is just regarding Armored Warfare - I unfortunatly already have a signed contract with Urban Empires, but that's a whole different topic...

adam450
Gangsta'

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know your trying to keep the publisher secret, but is it a AAA publisher, smaller publisher, or a non-traditional pc game publisher (facebook, casual games, indie budget games etc).

Just curious because I sent out a pitch a long time ago, and there were a lot of publishers.
rappen
Mini-Me

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dgreen wrote:
rappen wrote:

This ^^^ is just regarding Armored Warfare - I unfortunatly already have a signed contract with Urban Empires, but that's a whole different topic...

I thought Armored Warfare was only a learning project? Razz

dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam450 wrote:
I know your trying to keep the publisher secret, but is it a AAA publisher, smaller publisher, or a non-traditional pc game publisher (facebook, casual games, indie budget games etc).

Just curious because I sent out a pitch a long time ago, and there were a lot of publishers.

Have to wait and see...

dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rappen wrote:
dgreen wrote:
rappen wrote:

I thought Armored Warfare was only a learning project? Razz

Yea it didn't stay that way for long - all my projects are learning projects though

harmar
Street thug

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and you didnt invite me you? bastered danny!

just kiding lol
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

harmar wrote:
and you didnt invite me you? bastered danny!

just kiding lol

hai Cool

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Gettysburg: Armored Warfare All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: