Radioactive-Software Radioactive-Software
Forum to discuss Radioactive-Software Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

12/17/2010 - Armored Warfare RTS/Action Hybrid Video

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Gettysburg: Armored Warfare
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:43 am    Post subject: 12/17/2010 - Armored Warfare RTS/Action Hybrid Video Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I've uploaded a HD video showing the Real-Time-Strategy/Action hybrid aspects of the latest game. This is a similar system to what I created for my gangster game Urban Empires. You can give orders to your units/squads and then take control of any unit and complete the order you gave in the RTS mode. I've had the idea to do these kinds of games back in 2005. This would be the 3rd iteration of the technology. Hopefully the 3rd time is a charm and this game can go out the door as planned Smile

A lot of the order visualization system are placeholders. The per-unit waypoint lines that are being displayed are going to be replaced w/a much "sexier" per-squad order visualization. You're currently able to arrange your units in "formations of formations" similar to games like the Total War series. The squad orders will be represented in a way similar to these games. The projectile/particle system is a WIP - as are parts of the pathfinding, AI and NPC animation code. Some parts have just a few days of work into them.

The models being used in this video are not the final ones - once the game is announced publicly things will make more sense, and I can show some relevant artwork Smile

You can view the RTS/Action hybrid video here -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIba__4X-7k
Be sure to watch in 720p!

Here are some preview images of the video -

Until next time Smile

- Dan
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"
He replied, "I just kind of optimized for game play."

rappen
Mini-Me

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice man!

It's starting to look like a real game now Surprised Great work! *Thumbs up*

dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rappen wrote:
Nice man!

It's starting to look like a real game now Surprised Great work! *Thumbs up*

Thanks buddy Smile
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"

adam450
Gangsta'

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starcraft 2 has been a really good and balanced rts game that I've been playing a lot lately. If you need more rts ideas check it out.
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam450 wrote:
Starcraft 2 has been a really good and balanced rts game that I've been playing a lot lately. If you need more rts ideas check it out.

Yea, I got it the day it came out.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Gettysburg: Armored Warfare All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: