Radioactive-Software Radioactive-Software
Forum to discuss Radioactive-Software Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deadly knife
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: how? Reply with quote

im a well experienced and confroable with c++

but im having trouble on finding resource or tutorials on making a game engine

mostyly i have no clue on makeing an engine and wanted help to put me on the right direction

any help would be great
MrC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello
Check gamedev.net community
its the biggest community about game deveoping
Best
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, I agree with that.

I also host my developers journal on http://www.gamedev.net as well Very Happy

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/mod/journal/journal.asp?jn=323649

Go through the forums there, and search for anything you have questions about. Also you might want to try using a pre-made engine, if you just want to get to making games as fast as possible.

If you have any specific questions just ask!

- Dan
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"
He replied, "I just kind of optimized for game play."

deadly knife
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i know about gamedev good stuf thanks dan for the link to ur journal il check it out also im already on team for a game using the c4 engine im a level designer btw

but im very interested in how the game engine works and how its made

anyway i picked up a book called 3d game engine programing so i hope this gives me a good understanding of how a game engine works and the basic struture

any thaks for the hep guys

btw dan the game looks great keep up the good work

later
thascarecrow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how much would all the software to make a game cost me?
Bren

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In theory, you could make a game absolutely free. GCC, OpenGL, Blender, Gimp, etc.
thascarecrow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx can someone tell me how exactly a game breaks down to make one like what is a game engine and what does it do what is c++ and what does it do etc............... plz plz plz Smile Smile
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You see those are very complicated topics....if you check this link out and browse through the threads that are already posted you'll learn a lot.

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/forum.asp?forum_id=31

Expect to spend years learning about game development.

Anyways, C++ is a programming language. Here is a good link with everything you'll want to know about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C++

A game is just like any other "program" written in C++, it is composed of functions, data structures, etc. Though I would argue that a real-time 3D game would be one of the most complicated "programs" you could write, because it is so time dependent.

Again, I'd recommend getting a good book on C++, there are some "Teach yourself C++ in 21 days" that will walk you through every aspect of writing a program. Once you feel comfortable writing programs to input/output words, do basic calculations, etc....you can move on to bigger things.

And like I said in my e-mail to you, game development is a long and difficult road, so you'll need to stay focused/determined Smile

Let me know if you have any more questions.

- Dan

P.S.

Here is the most basic C++ program you'll ever find, it just outputs "Hello World" into a DOS box.

Code:

#include <ostream> // for std::endl
#include <iostream> // for std::cout

int main()
{
   std::cout << "Hello World!" << std::endl;
   return 0;
}

the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"
He replied, "I just kind of optimized for game play."

gaoyf9527

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: good news! Reply with quote

world of warcraft gold Promotion! Here guarantee the lowest price of wow gold in the market! There will can make your wow life rich and we can promise you will be a hero in world of warcraft cause you will have more and more wow power level to get good weapen and other stuff ! we have sell Buy wow gold the price Slashed again! Unbeatable price from the direct sale. You are buying World of Warcraft gold from the game developers directly, not from the resellers, no hacking, no cheating, guarantee work ! but please keep your mind clear , don't pay more time and money there , cause you have your live life ! ok that's all thanks for your read . ( maybe this is a good news)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Programming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: