Radioactive-Software Radioactive-Software
Forum to discuss Radioactive-Software Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gang War name Change -> Urban Empires
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Radioactive-Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Gang War name Change -> Urban Empires Reply with quote

Urban Empires
Yea, so it looks like it's final.

The game will now be called Urban Empires say good bye to Gang War.

Again just as a 'tease' here is the logo drafted up by Salsa back in Oct '06.

I'm actually contracting Josh/Salsa to create a much higher resolution logo for the game/website/desktops/etc, as well as some variants. I can't wait to see how it looks. So basically the final logo might look a lot different. My publisher is also creating some logos for the game.

Today my publisher and I also looked over about 6-8 different box art concepts, some of them look really cool, especially for a days worth of work. I can't wait to see the final product, and hold the box in my hand [grin]

So what have you been working on the last 3 weeks?
I've been totally distracted building the game's website and I've recently decided to implement my own custom rolled account server / stat tracking system, in addition I have to have a place for people to buy the game, a place for people to register their accounts / CD keys.

I'm running this server myself out of my office right now I've got a dedicated T1 for the master/account/game servers, as well as the web/smtp server for sending e-mails and running the [i]Urban Empires[i] website. I should be finished with all aspects of the account creation / in-game integration aspects by the end of the week. Overall I'd say the site is about 60% done :-/ I'm gonna have to bust some ass to get the site finished by this weekend, and then spend next week finishing the in-game stat integration, and polishing the game, + creating some more polished maps that take advantage of the new terrain.

Aw cmon' please tell me you have some new screnshots of the game after 3 weeks of no entries
Ok fine, I've actually put in some time on the engine before focusing on the website. Unfortunatly a lot of stuff is still in pieces / needs polishing. So I'm only going to post low-res screenshots :-p

ZOMG AIROPLENAE. Yes, now I can fly around the cities. It took half a day to implement.

ZOMG AIROBOATPLANE WATAR. Yes, now I can get into a boat and cruise through the in-game channels/rivers. It took half a day to implement.

I'm also workign on some other aspects such as a dynamic grass system to spruce up the terrain.

A funky debug shot...horrible work in progress, taken on a Geforce 7600, not my usual 8800.

These screenshots are embarrassingly early, I've only had a few days to focus on the game. I've been spending all my time developing the game's website since it'll be so closely tied to the game itself.

You'll be able to view lists of all active servers, browse user-created cities, all player stats, top players...etc...all from the same site. I'm building this all from the ground up whilst learning how. I'm really not a php/MYSQL guy...but I'm learning. It's a welcome relief from trying to syncronize multiplayer vehicle physics over a network *shudders*.

Oh by the way, here is an in-model-editor shot of the speedboat...I made it myself...and just for contrast, one of the game's car models is along side it. It should also be noted that the ACTUAL triangle count of that boat is 1970 tris...it was unoptimized at the time of the screenshot.

I'm working on a lot of stuff right now...and will have a juicy update as soon as I can get the site/datebase/game integration done, I can refocus on the game engine.

Stay tuned.

- Danny
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"
He replied, "I just kind of optimized for game play."

Last edited by dgreen on Sat May 05, 2007 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
rappen
Mini-Me

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there! Like the new name! And i'm glad you put a bit more aspects of GTA in the game like flying in a plane. And i'm just glad there is a new game born with an unique gaming-style.

PS: Can't wait to see the new website of the game!
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, yea I'm really happy with the way the site is looking, I'll drop it on you in the next few days I suppose Smile
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"

Arular
The Communist

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I like Urban Empires better. Can't wait for the website, too!
rappen
Mini-Me

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dgreen wrote:
Thanks, yea I'm really happy with the way the site is looking, I'll drop it on you in the next few days I suppose Smile

That would be great, Thanks!
8300dvo
Number Two

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do u have any videos of the boats or planes in action? i would love to see Smile
look very good, i really cant wait Very Happy
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I'll get some vids ASAP by the end of next week I suppose...it's not really gonna be a big part of the game, maybe just spectators can be the planes...bt boats will be used for drug running.

I'm so consumed by the website/database backend currently

8300dvo
Number Two

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well please do take your time Smile we would rather wait a long time and have a good game instead of a rushed one Smile
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea for me personally that would be the worst case scenario, to have a game that's not finished...but don't worry, I'll keep workign on it until it is done [even if you have to buy it "not-finished"].

8300dvo
Number Two

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha Razz
well u can save some of the bug chasing till its released i guess, then just release a patch later Smile
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are actually very few bugs [I can count them on one hand] but they are pretty nasty. The game is rock solid in offline mode, online is hit & miss which makes it so hard to track down...obviously I HAVE to get this fixed before any kind of beta/release.

warlord11030
Moris Family Mafia Don

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o rly?
-Secondlife
-There
-SAMP
www.rl-rpg.nl/forum/index.php
www.radioactive-software.com
Don Moris.
ameer33

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello
What is the name of the driver or program, which is designed for game Laughing
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Urban Empires for Windows XP / Windows Vista

Very Happy

The game engine was written from scratch by myself.

ameer33

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello
How can I draw a pretty city and the streets and houses
The cars and people
How
Thank you Shocked
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Radioactive-Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: