Radioactive-Software Radioactive-Software
Forum to discuss Radioactive-Software Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drugs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Radioactive-Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killerkronik

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Drugs Reply with quote

First of all, how can you sell drugs in the game? can you be able to go into 3rd/1st person view and sell it to individual people? or will it be different? and, you should be able to take drugs, sort of like a powerup but not really, doing good and bad things to you, like, lets say Marijuana slows time down and your slightly faster then everybody, but takes some health away. And meth speeds you up but you get all gacked out and dont sleep or eat. stuff like that and you can get addicted and have to take that drug like.. every hour or somethin
travisjw
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not entirely sure how it works, but I believe you're soldiers sell drugs to pedestrians. There's Marijuana, Cocaine, Heroin, Meth, Ecstacy, Mushrooms, and maybe LSD.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, first of all this game wont be good if its just focused on strategy. You should be able to do SOOOO much in 3rd/1st person view, including sell drugs, yourself, to individual people! and rob banks, stores, take gang areas, stuff like that, and theres some other things like, you should be able to take a building and take hostages inside, and cops stand outside and stuff and you demand money and goods and stuff. And you should be able to make goods/drug deals with other gangs, and theres a point on the map where you have to meet them, like in a construction yard, and sometimes the deal goes good, but when it goes bad and you get set up, they should have a huge shootout and then cops come too and its a massive 3 way shoot out.
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea...you can buy drugs and go sell them on the streets yourself, you can intimidate/extort businesses. It's sort of like 'farming' in traditional RTS games, where you just assign a few of your guys to collect protection money from your territory.

You're not going to be able to take drugs (don't get high on your own supply). These gangsters aren't about getting fucked up, they're trying to make money, and survive.

I like your idea of having to pick up drug shipments...I'l going to add that into the game right now. Maybe I could randomly spawn a car on the map, and have the drugs in the trunk? *shrugs* I'll see what I can do.

Right now I'm working hard on finding a fun balance between action and strategy.

I'll keep you guys updated.
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"
He replied, "I just kind of optimized for game play."

travisjw
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, that sounds cool.
vegasesd218

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yo when u pick up collection money do you have to order each pickup seperately or can you order gangsters once and they will now how to make the rounds themselves also you should be able to store the money in a warehouse, and finally can you steal cars and sell them as an income
Star
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vegasesd218 wrote:
yo when u pick up collection money do you have to order each pickup seperately or can you order gangsters once and they will now how to make the rounds themselves also you should be able to store the money in a warehouse, and finally can you steal cars and sell them as an income

Actually, if you could steal cars and sell their parts, it would be more realistic since selling stolen cars in the same country is very very hard. They usually just strip the car and sell the parts seperately.
vegasesd218

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good point that would still be realy cool to sell stolen car pieces
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree....good thinking Star, I'll try to get that into the game soon.

I was planning to make the whole vehicle managment a lot more complex, but I've already got enough on my plate as it is. I'm going to make it so you can sell stolen cars/parts though, for sure.

- Dan
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"

Medcraft
Jehovah's Witness

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm, to be honest! from my opinion i think the actual player shouldn't be involved in selling the drugs since the actual player is the boss, it would be best if the boss actually does all the assigning duties such as selling drugs to all the soldiers under him.....just a thought Very Happy
8300dvo
Number Two

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a good point... maybe the gang leader doesnt sell drugs, only distributes them to the other players Smile
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um you can take over your gangster at any time and do it yourself...everything.

8300dvo
Number Two

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooh, i thought you only stuck to one person
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you're stuck to one 'rank'. Might make it so the gang leader can't control ppl, and the luitenent can do both, and soldiers are stuck in 3rd person...that could be 1 game mode. Right now all players in a gang can either give orders / manage or take control of any gangster.

Medcraft
Jehovah's Witness

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sounds real good!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Radioactive-Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: