Radioactive-Software Radioactive-Software
Forum to discuss Radioactive-Software Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The infamous design phase..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Radioactive-Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taymo
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: The infamous design phase.. Reply with quote

I was simply curious, Danny, what you design phase looks like. I don't want specific game designs, just in what manner you come up with ideas, organize them so people will understand, and finally how you get it all down on paper (or the computer), to show, for example, a producer. For my game, as of now, I have one design doc which describes the whole game on a higher level, the gameplay doc which specifically describes gameplay aspects / features / fun shit, and the script which tells the plot of the story in script style. Each level will have its own design doc I was thinking.

So, I'm sure complicated features of the game will have their own docs and diagrams, but have I felt anything real important out. Something that will kill me later 'cause I didn't design it or something along those lines. I'm building an action / adventure so integrating plot is somewhat substantial. Thanks.

The first step to ultimate wisdom, is the realization that one knows nothing at all.

Sinister Inceptions
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're supposed to throw them all into a single design document, google chris taylors tutorial on gamedev.net he's the dude who made supreme commander, and a bunch of games like that @ gas powered games.

I hear that is the holy grail of DDs

Other than that I keep things in my head until I code them, writing them down is an un-necessary step and just wastes time.
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"
He replied, "I just kind of optimized for game play."

Taymo
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, ok, thanks.

The first step to ultimate wisdom, is the realization that one knows nothing at all.

Sinister Inceptions
Glover Klien
The Drunken Philosopher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you come up with the ideas dan? Is it that liquor cake?
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glover Klien wrote:
How do you come up with the ideas dan? Is it that liquor cake?

AH. Yes it is lol, and a 5 liter box of franzia! I'll make yer game....and I'll skin it fer free.
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"
He replied, "I just kind of optimized for game play."

rappen
Mini-Me

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SCROTUM ELEPHANTUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Radioactive-Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: