Radioactive-Software Radioactive-Software
Forum to discuss Radioactive-Software Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I needz a game!11onetwothree4!!11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Other Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warlord11030
Moris Family Mafia Don

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rarusu wrote:
rappen wrote:
no i already played all the f2p games believe me, but i've got Newsleechers now so i can download very fast now and everything what i like, i'd like a FPS with some good story mode or a RTS (RTS are always fun!) Razz

A good story?

Humm....

CoD 4 has a sweet and short story. To short actually.

Vampire: The Masquerade A very good story. A FPS/RPG game. You need to download the unofficial patches to have a real great experience though. A lil' old but highly recommended (though i am a vamp fan. Lol).

Company Of Heroes+Opposing Force WW2 story, so, meh, it's about WW2. Decent enough story. The gameplay however, SEHR GUT! My fav RTS game right now.

Max Payne+Max Payne 2 What can i say? Masterpieces in gaming. The Mona Lisa and Scream in gaming. Old however.

Mass Effect Pretty good story and wonderful gameplay. Wonderful, i can kill for this game. FPS/RPG

Bioshock A really different gaming experience. A sometimes bizarre story, unique setting, interesting and engaging with a mid-game climax. And above all, a fun and simple gameplay, that plays like an FPS with RPG elements. In my opinion, one of the best games, EVER.

Half Life games Interesting setting and story, though somewhat stereotypical. Great gameplay, lot's of variation, lot's of mods. What more can you want?

Warcraft 3+Frozen Throne These are definitely worth because of their multiplayer, with EXTREMELY many game modes and lot's of players. A fucking great experience for a pretty old game. And quite a good story too, i might add.

I know of lot's of more. Just ask fer more if ye want something else.

1. only good for multiplayer.. and not that much.

2. epic.

3. wtf is dis shiz..? hell naw.

4. k.. good for its time.

5. fucking loved mass effect.

6. gey.

7. never got into it.. only did multiplayer a few times but its fun.

8. I still play frozen throne.. a lot.
-Secondlife
-There
-SAMP
www.rl-rpg.nl/forum/index.php
www.radioactive-software.com
Don Moris.
warlord11030
Moris Family Mafia Don

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

warlord11030 wrote:
I just started playing AoC.. Age of Conan.

Fucking greatest MMORPG I've ever played.

bump nucka/spam
-Secondlife
-There
-SAMP
Don Moris.
Rarusu
Viking

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

warlord11030 wrote:
I just started playing AoC.. Age of Conan.

Fucking greatest MMORPG I've ever played.

Said so, didn't I? Surprised
Asian man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: I needz a game!11onetwothree4!!11 Reply with quote

rappen wrote:
i needz a game, i'm only playing SA:MP, AoE3 and i just downloaded Terrorist Takedown 2 but it was shit!

some suggestions.

whats AoE3?
rappen
Mini-Me

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: I needz a game!11onetwothree4!!11 Reply with quote

Asian man wrote:
rappen wrote:
i needz a game, i'm only playing SA:MP, AoE3 and i just downloaded Terrorist Takedown 2 but it was shit!

some suggestions.

whats AoE3?

Age of Empires 3

dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warlord11030 wrote:
Rarusu wrote:
rappen wrote:
no i already played all the f2p games believe me, but i've got Newsleechers now so i can download very fast now and everything what i like, i'd like a FPS with some good story mode or a RTS (RTS are always fun!) Razz

A good story?

Humm....

Vampire: The Masquerade A very good story. A FPS/RPG game. You need to download the unofficial patches to have a real great experience though. A lil' old but highly recommended (though i am a vamp fan. Lol).

Company Of Heroes+Opposing Force WW2 story, so, meh, it's about WW2. Decent enough story. The gameplay however, SEHR GUT! My fav RTS game right now.

Max Payne+Max Payne 2 What can i say? Masterpieces in gaming. The Mona Lisa and Scream in gaming. Old however.

Mass Effect Pretty good story and wonderful gameplay. Wonderful, i can kill for this game. FPS/RPG

Bioshock A really different gaming experience. A sometimes bizarre story, unique setting, interesting and engaging with a mid-game climax. And above all, a fun and simple gameplay, that plays like an FPS with RPG elements. In my opinion, one of the best games, EVER.

Half Life games Interesting setting and story, though somewhat stereotypical. Great gameplay, lot's of variation, lot's of mods. What more can you want?

Warcraft 3+Frozen Throne These are definitely worth because of their multiplayer, with EXTREMELY many game modes and lot's of players. A fucking great experience for a pretty old game. And quite a good story too, i might add.

2. epic.

6. gey.

I basically agree with this, except

1)warcraft is gay, sorry. Play realistic RTS's Like multiplayer gangster simulations made by guys who play with real guns all the time xD

2) Duuude, I never really played them but company of heros is a really good ww2 RTS game, the best...think it won game of the year, or RTS game of the year. MY bro was into it.

3) The half-life series is super mantastic, HL1 is probably one of the 3-4 games I've actually beat in my life, Max Payne 2 being one of the others. And if you want to include mods [ ever hear of counter-strike, or day of defeat Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes ] then the half-life series is probably the best games evaaaaarrr.
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"
He replied, "I just kind of optimized for game play."

warlord11030
Moris Family Mafia Don

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dgreen wrote:
warlord11030 wrote:
Rarusu wrote:
rappen wrote:

A good story?

Humm....

2. epic.

6. gey.

1)warcraft is gay, sorry. Play realistic RTS's Like multiplayer gangster simulations made by guys who play with real guns all the time xD

2) Duuude, I never really played them but company of heros is a really good ww2 RTS game, the best...think it won game of the year, or RTS game of the year. MY bro was into it.

3) The half-life series is super mantastic, HL1 is probably one of the 3-4 games I've actually beat in my life, Max Payne 2 being one of the others. And if you want to include mods [ ever hear of counter-strike, or day of defeat Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes ] then the half-life series is probably the best games evaaaaarrr.

try wc3 battlenet.. if your bored its all choo need.

nugga.
-Secondlife
-There
-SAMP
Don Moris.
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warlord11030 wrote:
dgreen wrote:
warlord11030 wrote:
Rarusu wrote:
rappen wrote:

A good story?

Humm....

2. epic.

6. gey.

nugga.

No.

I don't like Orcs, and Battle Turtles, and all this fantasy crap. I like realistic games.

Now agree with me that realistic RTSs are superior or I will send a brood of battle turtles after yuos.
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"

Rarusu
Viking

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dgreen wrote:
warlord11030 wrote:
dgreen wrote:
warlord11030 wrote:
Rarusu wrote:
rappen wrote:

A good story?

Humm....

2. epic.

6. gey.

nugga.

No.

I don't like Orcs, and Battle Turtles, and all this fantasy crap. I like realistic games.

Now agree with me that realistic RTSs are superior or I will send a brood of battle turtles after yuos.

Seriosuly, the Battlenet is fucking awesome. There are SO extremely many ways of playing (TD, DoTA etc) it's fantastic. And fantasy games are awesome!11!!

And CoH is awesome. The Germans are the best (well, i rule with them at least) though, in CoH OF the Brits are awesome. Wonderful defensive capabilities (I am a turtle (defensive) player). So, yeah. The Brits rock in that game. Cuz' they're wonderful defenders.
warlord11030
Moris Family Mafia Don

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dgreen wrote:
warlord11030 wrote:
dgreen wrote:
warlord11030 wrote:
Rarusu wrote:
rappen wrote:

A good story?

Humm....

2. epic.

6. gey.

nugga.

No.

its not for actually taking seriously.. its just fun to play around with.

shiz.
-Secondlife
-There
-SAMP
Don Moris.
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, Company of Hereos is really awesome.

But fantasy games are laaaaame. There are of course exceptions, Like City of Heroes/Villans for PC, and the Turok series [ sorry lets stick to PC games], errr, well....I looked over at my shelf and I can't see any others lol...

Think of it this way, Ok....I'll just compare Age of Empires 3 to Warcraft 3...The unit types are all the same in these types of games [ range, siege, heavy, defensive, light, speed, etc.], and all have the same weaknesses, ranged beats light speed, defensive beats heavy, etc. but the reason I prefer realistic ones is because when you're thinking/talking about the game afterwords you can describe it like it actually happened.

I put my longbowmen behind my swordmen, flanked with a heavy calvary charge, and was bombarding you with my catapult the whole time. Sounds much better than "my super orcs ttly whacked ur battle turtle with their magical spells" or wahtever the fuck.

This really didn't matter in the earlier RTS's because like I said earlier the outcome of the battles could almost be predetermined, and there were flaws, but in the newer games, like Company of Heroes you can use your existing knowledge of WW2 weaponry to influence your decisions, in these fantasy games the formulas are totally arbitrary and it's sort of a way to mask unbalanced gameplay because nobody can contest it. While it's easy to see the designers are morons if a sherman can knock out a tiger in one shot, it's common knowledge. I hope you see where I'm going with this.

This has also greatly influenced my design decisions in Urban Empires, I want players to know the maximum effective range of 9mm parabellum, the pros and cons of rapid fire weapons, etc etc and to take these things into account when placing their gangsters, allocating weapons, and when deciding who to control.

EH, that's my case for realistic games, I guess it just boils down to having the ability to apply real life knowledge to give yourself an upperhand in-game [ assuming the game was designed properly ]. To me it really adds a whole new level to the game that fantasy games lack.

Sorry, no proofreading on posts longer than 5 words. xD

- Danny

dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warlord11030 wrote:
dgreen wrote:
warlord11030 wrote:
dgreen wrote:
warlord11030 wrote:
Rarusu wrote:
rappen wrote:

A good story?

Humm....

2. epic.

6. gey.

nugga.

No.

its not for actually taking seriously.. its just fun to play around with.

shiz.

Wrong, see above post.

warlord11030
Moris Family Mafia Don

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dgreen wrote:

But fantasy games are laaaaame. There are of course exceptions, Like City of Heroes/Villans for PC, and the Turok series [ sorry lets stick to PC games], errr, well....I looked over at my shelf and I can't see any others lol...

Think of it this way, Ok....I'll just compare Age of Empires 3 to Warcraft 3...The unit types are all the same in these types of games [ range, siege, heavy, defensive, light, speed, etc.], and all have the same weaknesses, ranged beats light speed, defensive beats heavy, etc. but the reason I prefer realistic ones is because when you're thinking/talking about the game afterwords you can describe it like it actually happened.

I put my longbowmen behind my swordmen, flanked with a heavy calvary charge, and was bombarding you with my catapult the whole time. Sounds much better than "my super orcs ttly whacked ur battle turtle with their magical spells" or wahtever the fuck.

This really didn't matter in the earlier RTS's because like I said earlier the outcome of the battles could almost be predetermined, and there were flaws, but in the newer games, like Company of Heroes you can use your existing knowledge of WW2 weaponry to influence your decisions, in these fantasy games the formulas are totally arbitrary and it's sort of a way to mask unbalanced gameplay because nobody can contest it. While it's easy to see the designers are morons if a sherman can knock out a tiger in one shot, it's common knowledge. I hope you see where I'm going with this.

This has also greatly influenced my design decisions in Urban Empires, I want players to know the maximum effective range of 9mm parabellum, the pros and cons of rapid fire weapons, etc etc and to take these things into account when placing their gangsters, allocating weapons, and when deciding who to control.

EH, that's my case for realistic games, I guess it just boils down to having the ability to apply real life knowledge to give yourself an upperhand in-game [ assuming the game was designed properly ]. To me it really adds a whole new level to the game that fantasy games lack.

- Danny

have you played battlenet on wc3..? that is the only thing that i play on it.

cause there are A LOT of custom maps of different kinds which you can't find on other games.

if i am bored and want to do something i'll go on warcraft 3 and look for a game online, to try a new one or play another one i already know.

theres variety and it has any type of game on it.
-Secondlife
-There
-SAMP
Don Moris.

Last edited by warlord11030 on Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
warlord11030
Moris Family Mafia Don

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugga
-Secondlife
-There
-SAMP
Don Moris.
Rarusu
Viking

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dgreen wrote:

- Danny

Yea.

German infantry spam attack=bloody ass massacre fun (of my troops)

Still, have you ever put up a large defensive line consisting of ATs, 88s, bunkers, infantry (with panzerfausts), MGs, mortars and stuff? It's awesome watching the enemy try to breakthrough it.

Can we put up MGs in buildings in UE? That would be awesomeness! Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: