Radioactive-Software Radioactive-Software
Forum to discuss Radioactive-Software Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I needz a game!11onetwothree4!!11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Other Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rarusu wrote:
dgreen wrote:
Yea, Company of Hereos is really awesome.

But fantasy games are laaaaame. There are of course exceptions, Like City of Heroes/Villans for PC, and the Turok series [ sorry lets stick to PC games], errr, well....I looked over at my shelf and I can't see any others lol...

Think of it this way, Ok....I'll just compare Age of Empires 3 to Warcraft 3...The unit types are all the same in these types of games [ range, siege, heavy, defensive, light, speed, etc.], and all have the same weaknesses, ranged beats light speed, defensive beats heavy, etc. but the reason I prefer realistic ones is because when you're thinking/talking about the game afterwords you can describe it like it actually happened.

I put my longbowmen behind my swordmen, flanked with a heavy calvary charge, and was bombarding you with my catapult the whole time. Sounds much better than "my super orcs ttly whacked ur battle turtle with their magical spells" or wahtever the fuck.

This really didn't matter in the earlier RTS's because like I said earlier the outcome of the battles could almost be predetermined, and there were flaws, but in the newer games, like Company of Heroes you can use your existing knowledge of WW2 weaponry to influence your decisions, in these fantasy games the formulas are totally arbitrary and it's sort of a way to mask unbalanced gameplay because nobody can contest it. While it's easy to see the designers are morons if a sherman can knock out a tiger in one shot, it's common knowledge. I hope you see where I'm going with this.

This has also greatly influenced my design decisions in Urban Empires, I want players to know the maximum effective range of 9mm parabellum, the pros and cons of rapid fire weapons, etc etc and to take these things into account when placing their gangsters, allocating weapons, and when deciding who to control.

EH, that's my case for realistic games, I guess it just boils down to having the ability to apply real life knowledge to give yourself an upperhand in-game [ assuming the game was designed properly ]. To me it really adds a whole new level to the game that fantasy games lack.

Sorry, no proofreading on posts longer than 5 words. xD

- Danny

Yea.

German infantry spam attack=bloody ass massacre fun (of my troops)

Still, have you ever put up a large defensive line consisting of ATs, 88s, bunkers, infantry (with panzerfausts), MGs, mortars and stuff? It's awesome watching the enemy try to breakthrough it.

Can we put up MGs in buildings in UE? That would be awesomeness! Very Happy

Lol....I think I'll save machine gun nests for an expansion pack: Urban Empires - The Third Reich

btw. (c) on that name lol.
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"
He replied, "I just kind of optimized for game play."

Rarusu
Viking

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, ok. So we get 88s on the first run then?
rappen
Mini-Me

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I blast you foo' with my 88 in the back lol.....

*Rides of with a Low-rider, with an 88 in the trunk*

dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol.

"Yo dat shit gangsta yo."

*shoots at 88 crew with a glock*
the Exo-Hamiltonian Pattern Language Movement, or the Intra-Urban Deconstructionist Sub-Culture Hypothesis?"

Rarusu
Viking

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Achtung! Amerikaner!

*88 crew fills Danny with holes with MP44s*

Ist er tot? Schieß ihn mit der 88, nur um sicherzugehen, dass er tot ist.

*Bang*

Ah, gut gut. Sollen wir Vergewaltigung seinem Körper? Ich möchte Vergewaltigung seiner Nase.

I want a Luger....
rappen
Mini-Me

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

foo, i don't need shit...i'll shoot this baby on my own

dgreen
The One

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rappen wrote:

Yea right...I can see mini-me running around trying to fill all the positions on an 88mm lol.

Object13
Official A.D.D Mascot

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would be an awesome sight to see.
Mini-Me

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dgreen wrote:
rappen wrote:

Yea right...I can see mini-me running around trying to fill all the positions on an 88mm lol.

yea, why not Razz

it isn't that big Rolling Eyes

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Radioactive-Software Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: